1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

UK based owners

Discussion in 'Other' started by sausage-fingers, Jul 11, 2009.

1. sausage-fingers

sausage-fingers Member

Are there many british XJ Owners and if so, is there a UK meet/rally at all?

Mutley likes this.
  2. boldstar

boldstar Member

Re: UK based owner s uk bikers

hi i ride my 81,650 max here in aberdeen scotland not seen another here in this part of scotland come to think about it. booked her in with a starter problem the garage owner asked if it was a scooter over the phone lol ended up buying a new battery runs sweet now

3. Dazsculpt

Dazsculpt Member

Hi I live in West London, restoring a 1982 yam xj 650 rj, would like to ride soon, what bike you got?

Daz

4. That_Guy

That_Guy Member

you lucky bastards......you can watch Top Gear on regular broadcast....I have to wait for it to be posted online and download each episode

5. Dazsculpt

Dazsculpt Member

I suppose we have Jeremy Clarkson ...but you have Chacal...who supplies everything you'll ever need to keep your xj running proper, supplies here are not that good.

Daz
    1982 yam xj650 rj

6. cole9900

cole9900 Member

Top Gear is on several times a week here in the U.S. on BBCAmerica (Directv carries it, don't know about others). New season just started two weeks ago. Best show on televison, but I have always thought British TV was far better than ours. Don't always agree with Jeremy, especially as he seems a bit of a Porsche detractor, but very entertaining.

7. That_Guy

That_Guy Member

First of all im not paying for anything but basic cable and i think that the episodes on BBCAmerica are delayed from the actual broadcast so i can actually download them before they air

8. thebat

thebat New Member

Hi all just bought a xj750e-I 1985 needs some TLC but its a project after selling my K4 Bandit. I'm down in Kent.
    Jon

9. markie

markie Member

Hi, I am in Suffolk. Post some pics so we can see what she looks like!

10. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

[quote="Dazsculpt]I suppose we have Jeremy Clarkson ...but you have Chacal...[/quote]

...who has a personality and is a great guy.

Mr. Clarkson, on the other hand, has discovered the joys of Insanity Sauce:

11. thebat

thebat New Member

Hi all, well here's a pic of my tired looking new project. I dont know when it was last on the road but my brother did have it running last summer when he bought it but thats as close to the road as it has been for a few years i think.

Attached Files:

12. markie

markie Member

She looks like she needs a little TLC but otherwise sound. The shape is very similar to my 600 and the seat, tank and clocks look identical. The 600 isn't a YICS engine though and is chain drive.

If you need a couple of UK websites (If Chacal can't help) I have got them, including a company who keep genuine Yamaha spares although they are not cheap!

I'm trying to get mine ready for MOT but these dark nights are sapping my enthusiasm!

Was this a UK model?

PS. I prefer "Captain slow" and his catch phrase of "Male chicken"!

13. robbo

robbo Member

hi i am in the east midlands in leicestershire have a xj750j go to a massive bike and car show every month at ashby folville near melton mowbray.have not seen a bike there same as mine,but the odd british xj model.

14. thebat

thebat New Member

Know what you mean about the evening have surgested to my partner that i might wheel it into the conservatory... not the best thing i said that night lol.
    It is a bit shabby but will give me somthing to do and I'm not in any rush at moment so will take my time to do it how i want.
    Any assistance and guidance about parts greatfully received might save some web hunting.

Jon

15. Dazsculpt

Dazsculpt Member

Hi
    I'm down in deepest darkest West London I have spare parts from my 650 shout out if you need stuff.

Daz

16. Dazsculpt

Dazsculpt Member

Hi

If you fanced travelln'

You could try the Ace Cafe they have a Yamaha meet, not sure how many XJ's go cos I ain't been yet?

Daz

gav xj400 4bp h likes this.
  17. sausage-fingers

sausage-fingers Member

Well ive decided Im gonna sell mine. Gonna have a brand new bike early in the new year, so if anyone wants a half decent 550, let me know, loads of new parts on her, recent carb rebuild, rejetted, noisy zorst, twin streetfighter headlights, goes well. £625 ono will buy it.

18. markie

markie Member

Mines in the garage. On Sunday my daughter came out "Mum says if you're fiddling with that bike she'll....."

Tonight wife said "When are you going to get it on the road?"

Try wemoto.com for pattern spares and Granby motors (0115 944 1346 ) for Genuine spares. They sorted me out monocross swing arm bushes for me.

19. ferret2

ferret2 Member

Hello all
    :D :D :D :D :D didnt know there was that many of us about,anyway need a frame xj650 82-83 not maxim or turbo anywhere in Kent must be cheap-ish :oops: though
    thanks for listening
    ferret

20. wizard

wizard Active Member

Hey thebat, that looks just like my 900 before I started work on it, there is hope, here is a pic how it looks so far. Wiz.
    BTW how I miss my homeland,not. 8)