1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

2007 Bandit 1250S

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Timbox, Sep 23, 2017.

1. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

How’s the progress??

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Been on hold with the weather comes a change in hobbies. I have been trying my hand at coyote hunting and so far no luck. That and just getting things winterized and other stuff. I will get back to her as I think I will plan a trip down South this winter and haul her down for the trip.

Plug and joe elliff like this.
  3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Got back to the Bandit, took the fuel rail off, cleaned all the injectors. Set all the sync screws to the same level, made sure all the inlet hoses were hooked up, not bent, cracked or off a nipple. Checked the AIP sensor and made sure the wires were okay and cleaned. At this point I think without the proper service equipment (diag machine) I can go no further. So the bike is on the trailer and waiting to go into the shop $$$ I think I will have them just do a diag and once they pin point it for me, I will fix it to save the $$$, if they will do that. I have already discolored the new exhaust system doing the trouble shooting, not happy about that at all!
    [​IMG]20180310_162710[1] by Tim Brown, on Flickr

4. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

Just found this thread... I bought an '07 Bandit 1250S..in Sonoma Red..I too previously sport toured on ST1100s...they werent comfortable at all without some serious farkles..and they were/are heavy bikes...Last may I was riding my 1979 XS1100 and was involved in a wreck with a lady in a jeep...ttotaled my bike..so now enter the El Bandito..It is lighter faster and has more torque ..in fact all the useable torque is down low in the powerband so it pulls strongly and is quite linear...Mine was well taken care of by a meticulous PO..
    Sorry y'all have such troubles with yours...once you get it sorted out ..you're gonna be blown away...Thanks for sharing...
    [​IMG]

5. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Madmax-1m,
    Thanks for the story and the great pic...Nice Bike! Have to ask you want wind screen you have, looks like something I would like to put on my old girl...pls

Yes my bike goes in the shop in the morning, they are closed over the weekend. I hope it will be something simple that I missed, bad MAF, AIP or something small, hose what ever. Love the area of the country you are in, nice roads :) and I think Blood Mt, the Dragon and a few other nice roads in your area (yes I am envious).

Bottom line I am willing to throw a little more $$ at her to get her right, then I will be riding the living heck out of her (weather permitting) this yr.
    Tim

6. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

Zero Gravity..I love it...for my ergos its perfect no buffeting at all...:D

Timbox likes this.
  7. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

running or off? that's going to need a running sync, just like a XJ
    what's a AIP ?

8. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

IAP, sorry the dyslexia kicked in...It reads air intake pressure. The other things could be the Throttle Position Sensor and last but not least a broken wire in the main harness.

As for the TB sync, you are correct to get it perfect they need to be running and have a sync tool hooked to the vacuum nipples of the TB. But to do a general set just like a carb bench sync.

Dropped off the bike and then got the price for the diag well, I will keep working on all my bikes until I can no longer get the info or just hit the wall. In this case I had no option but to get the diag. $120 per hr just to diag a Fuel Injected motorcycle.

The good news is there is no other bikes in the shop at this time, give them two weeks and there will be a back look but for now, I should be done in a day or two. Good think I really like the Bandit :)

9. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Well that was a interesting trip and a good learning cure for me. The learning cure, never take a bike into the dealer....ever! Good thing I signed only for a diag and that was it, they didn't help a bit! So tried again today after reading more and mental flossing a bit. Bike is running wonderfully now, new plugs and a really good TB sync did the trick. Somehow the # 1 & 2 TB's were out of whack with 3 & 4, once they were close then fine tuning did the trick. Putting restrictors on the hoses that go from the TB's to the gauges really helps, slows or stops the needle bounce.

Chitwood likes this.
  10. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

Brain fart..its not Zero Gravity..its a V-Stream..sorry bout dat...