1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Mikuni Flat Round Slides

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by sybe, Apr 16, 2018.

1. sybe

sybe Active Member

I have been thinking of swapping out our CV carbs for a Mikuni slide. I have been eyeing the Mikuni RS34 carb kit. Does anyone know if these will fit or work on our bikes? I straddle a 1982 xj650 maxim.

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

there is a recent post past 3 months about slide carbs that fit xj650 think it is in the want forums

3. sybe

sybe Active Member

I looked and didnt see anything, but i dont see how that would help.

4. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

i have been looking and can not find the thread it is a brand of carbs in an adjustable rack for the XJ 650 1500$

your mikuni carbs may be able to be pushed into the manifold boots thats the first thing you need to check. I have no doubt that they can be rejetted to suit the xj650 needs

5. sybe

sybe Active Member

You might be talking about the Mikuni RS34. They have adjustable rails, so you can slide them up and down the rack. They don't move a lot. Maybe 1/4 inch wiggle room for each body. The outer diameter of the engine side of the carb, that goes into the manifold is 40mm.

Does anyone know if that would be too big for the 82 xj650 manifold? or know of any that would fit? xj750 or 900?

6. sybe

sybe Active Member

I know the xs1100 boots fit 40mm... Does anyone know if the bolt pattern will align up to the xj650?