1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Greetings!!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Doomblade, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Doomblade

Doomblade New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, found this site after doing some research on an xj650. I was given one for free from a woman I work with and was looking at the world of possibilities for this bike and stumbled across this forum. I read around on the site and I have to say you guys are awesome! I look forward to talking more with you guys about things. Full Disclosure; I do plan on customizing the bike.

Well thank you for letting me ramble! I look forward to talking with you all!

2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Ok, Dr doom, you got an xj for free. Let's hear what "work" you do with that woman!;) just kidding, what we really need is the model of your bike (Seca or Maxim) and plenty of pictures of the bike. and pictures of the lady giving away free bikes! Welcome.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

Hello DoomBlade sir, Welcome, greetings and salutations. :)
    I mean you no harm, please do not crush me for what I am about to say.

Customize to your hearts content (even if it means pods) - but for the love of everything holy (and everything unholy on the darkside) get the bike running proper (carbs rebuilt and tuned in) with the airbox on it FIRST - then put pods on (if that is your direction with "customizing"). If you have read around here enough you should be aware of the oft times headache of dialing in pods on CV carbs.

thank you for sparing me... :eek:

cgutz likes this.
  4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

WTTC and congrats on your free bike!

You can listen to the voices of experience above or you can choose to be one of those guys that gets 80% complete and "can't get it running quite right" and often, never do. The 650 engine is about as bulletproof as anything else coming out of Japan in the 80's but like most bikes, it wears CV carbs that really don't like mods to the filter side.....so take note of the warnings. LOL

jeff

5. Doomblade

Doomblade New Member

All noted! Thank you for the replies! I've been having some trouble posting stuff to this forum and I'm not completely sure as to why.

6. Doomblade

Doomblade New Member

Let's see if I can post the pics of the bike here...

She's got a little rust on her and she's dirty but that's nothing. IMG_20170909_163038.jpg IMG_20170909_163038.jpg IMG_20170909_163023.jpg

Attached Files:

kosel and Stumplifter like this.