1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

tci wires

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Geordie000, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Geordie000

Geordie000 New Member

hi I have a xj750 ycis
    dose anyone have a wiring pic or help with which wire goes to which pin on the tci I have 6pin on one side and 4 on the other.
    any help greatly appreciated as I'm not great on these units .

2. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Welcome to XJbikes.

If you have not already found this link this is a great place to start to learn about safety and reliability of these older bikes:

http://www.xjbikes.com/forums/threads/the-information-overload-hour.27544/

A few more details on your bike also just to be sure - country, year, and model of the bike, and perhaps the number on the TCI.

Here is an example of USA XJ550, which uses the same pin-out (different TCI) as the USA XJ750 Seca using TCI TID14-06.

upload_2018-2-20_12-38-52.png

The four pin connector is Red / White for power to the TCI, Black for the TCI return, Orange for the 1,4 ignition coil, and Grey for the 2,3 ignition coil.

The six pin connector is Orange and Grey for the pickup coils, Black for common to the ignition coils, and Black / White to disable the TCI as part of of the safety circuit.

a100man, XJ550H and Plug like this.