1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1981 Xj750 Seca Rh

Average User Rating:
4.8/5,
Tags:
  • Year:
    Make:
    Yamaha
    Model:
    XJ750 Seca RH
    Engine Size:
    750 CC
    Modifications & Accessories:
    Frame fully sandblasted and powder coated
    SS Brake Lines
    K & N Pods
    Mac 4 into 2 Exhaust
    Carbs jetted and balanced
    Dyna Performance coils
    Fuse box upgrade
    Progressive 430 rear shocks
    Vetter Quick Silver Fairing
    Shinko 712 Tires
    Stainless engine bolt set
    KG Rear carrrier
    and so much more I can't remember everything
    Purchased this 1982 XJ750 Seca from original owner who neglected the bike it was a big POS when I got it for $250 with title will upload pictures of fully restored bike. After working on that POS for 3 years (We called him Rusty) here is the results. Mostly every thing came from the bike except - Gas tank, front fender and carbs, mice destroyed the originals. Love this bike.
  1. Jasonh
    How do you like the K&N intakes ? I've been told to stay with stock intake box or risk constant carb rejetting issues.
    1. metricman820
      I love the K&N pods, It did take me awhile to get them jetted just right, but have not had any issues with them. In fact my Seca starts better than my XJ650 Maxim which is all stock. Hit me up if you have any question on them.
      metricman820, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Jasonh
    Wow. Nice job. Obviously lots of hours into this lady. I have same bike and went more cafe style. Still work to be done.
    1. metricman820
      My buddy wanted me to go café style, but I wanted mote of a sports cruiser/touring . Would like to see some pics of your bike.
      metricman820, Apr 5, 2017
    2. Jasonh
      I'll post a few. Havent gone radical. Recovering the seat for a cleaner look and the lower bars look better. WAY more comfortable. Ride for hours, no aches. Added the windshield to do some long rides this summer. Fits well. Even the small size makes big difference at highway speed. I had the bike for sale this spring to upgrade to a larger sport touring. Took her for a ride the morning a guy was supposed to buy it cancelled the deal. Fun, affordable, low maintenance and great ride !!
      Jasonh, Apr 5, 2017
  3. CactusJack578
    I love the 750 Seca and kick my own butt for selling the one I raised from the dead. I'm Jealous. Nice FREAKING JOB
      Andrew Nichols likes this.
  4. CactusJack578
    Hello, Metricman820. I envy guys like you who take a POS like this bike was and stay with it until it turns out like the bike it is. I would have walked far away from the POS. Wonderful job.
      wgul likes this.
    1. metricman820
      Hi CatusJack thanks, There were a few times that I almost did walk away but I am glad I didn't and every time I take the bike out I fall in love with it more and more.
      metricman820, Mar 31, 2017
    2. CactusJack578
      The 750 Seca was/is a highly underrated bike. I Love the 750 Seca. I have a 650 that I've been dealing with off and on. Stories like yours are truly inspiring.
      CactusJack578, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Franz
    Great job you have done on your Seca. It is always great to see a bike transformed like this, brilliant.
      Andrew Nichols likes this.
    1. metricman820
      Thank you, Every time I look at it I can't believe it's the same bike I brought home.
      metricman820, Mar 29, 2017
  6. Quixote
    Fantastic! That bike will be an inspiration to every new person who comes to this forum with a seemingly impossible task. Thank you for having the vision to see what that rusty hulk could become!
    1. metricman820
      Thank you, this actually all started when I purchased the Haynes manual to work on my 82 XJ650 Maxim. When I saw the picture of the XJ750 Seca the wheels started turning.
    2. metricman820
      After I purchased the bike and brought it home it was raining. When my girlfriend saw it she thought it looked pretty cool, she said she has never seen a brown bike before told her to take a closer look. She almost killed me she couldn’t believe I would spend any amount of money on that rust bucket let alone drive 3hrs one way to pick it up. Told her not to worry it will all work out!
    3. metricman820
      For 3 years I started collecting parts even before any work was done on the bike and one of the 1st parts was the Vetter Quick Silver fairing. I started this project in 2013 and just finished it last Nov 2016. The journey was well worth it. The bike runs as well as it looks and is my favorite of 5 bikes to ride. I will actually be taking this bike to Americade this June would love to see some more XJ riders there
  7. JetmechMarty
    Great job! Are the fork sliders on that bike hard anodized, or painted? How did the clocks turn out?
    1. metricman820
      The forks, calipers and anti dive units were painted with caliper paint then baked in the oven. I am very pleased with how they came out. I don't have a clock
      metricman820, Mar 28, 2017
  8. dkavanagh
    That's an amazing transformation!
    1. metricman820
      Thanks, A lot of time and effort went in to it.
      metricman820, Mar 28, 2017
  9. dowski68
    heck yeah that looks amazing! Very nice paint job and like the details. What did you use to do the clean up on the rear brake and the engine parts?
    1. metricman820
      Thanks I am still amazed at how well it came out with what I had to work with. For the rear gear housing and brake drum housing I had it powder coated silver. For the engine I used a 40lb soda blaster from Harbor freight and blasted the motor that cleaned it up nice and removed some pitting. Then I painted it with VHT high temp engine paint.
      metricman820, Mar 26, 2017
  10. dowski68
    That looks as though it has lots of potential though. Everything seems to be there just a lot of clean up. Beautiful score for you.
    :)
    1. metricman820
      It was a good score, had a lot of clean up but it was well worth it. Hope you like the results.
      metricman820, Mar 26, 2017