1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

15th Annual Northern Ontario Carb Clinic

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by Dwayne_Verhey, May 13, 2016.

1. Dwayne_Verhey

Dwayne_Verhey Member

The NOCC will, as usual, be the Saturday before Father's Day: June 18, 2016. On the shores of Lake Waseosa just northwest of Huntsville, Ontario.

For those that have never been, the NOCC is a chance to meet fellow XJ riders, while getting assistance tuning and/or repairing your ride. We have had attendees from Nova Scotia to New Orleans, as there's lots of room to pitch a tent on the beach or you can get a room at one of the myriad motels/hotels in the area. Riders traditionally start arriving Friday afternoon and some don't leave until Sunday but the real event happens on Saturday and riders from Southern Ontario usually meet up along the way Saturday morning.

We will provide a BBQ lunch and plenty of soft drinks. After lunch we draw for the door prizes and hopefully, eventually, go for a group ride through some of Muskoka's scenic roads. (those coming Friday or leaving Sunday are responsible for their other meals).

You are your own liquor control board. But if you choose to drink, please don't start messing with a running engine and don't plan to accompany the group ride. There's a nice sand beach you can go swimming or fishing from instead. Other recreational drugs are not permitted on the premises. Thankyou for your cooperation.

RSVP off list to xjlist at verhey dot org so we know how much food to lay in. Map and directions available on request.

tafn

Dwayne

Ray likes this.
  2. Dwayne_Verhey

Dwayne_Verhey Member

Lots of views, little response. Oh well.

For those sitting on the fence, the NOCC now has an information website:
    https://www.nocc.verhey.org

Ray likes this.
  3. Ray

Ray New Member

Sorry I missed it Dwayne. Damn. lol This is the first I heard of this carb clinic.
    I rode through Huntsville and the park that Friday the 17th too but I was returning from visiting a sick buddy in Toronto.
    Is this a yearly gig?
    I'd be happy to show up next June.

4. Dwayne_Verhey

Dwayne_Verhey Member

<lol> I guess I'm a victim of my own success.

I have long encouraged others to participate and/or host other carb clinics. But for the record: I invented the Carb Clinic thing, and the 15th Annual NOCC was just that -- the fifteenth edition in 15 years. (I find it amusing that the last North American XJ was 15 years old when I started this thing, and now I've been doing it for 15 years).

So, will there be a 16th? On the surface, the odds are good. However, Dave Fox (of CNYCC fame) has proposed a joint NOCC/CNYCC next year to celebrate his 10th annual and I have to admit I find that concept intriguing. But I think we should wait on the US presidential election results before making a decision -- there might be a wall between the venues by this time next year if Trump gets his way.

Ray likes this.
  5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Or we'll all have moved up north.

Ray and jayrodoh like this.
  6. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

I'm on the Canadian siide within a kilometer of the border, and I'm considering a northward move. With his tiny hands on the big button, I need a bigger buffer zone!

Ray likes this.
  7. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

I think that is a great idea. And you should even take it on the road, do one every month or so all across the USA. You guys would be like Gods! And there's not that much difference between what you do for old Yamaha owners and what you could do for old Suzuki owners, etc..........

Ray likes this.
  8. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Oh, and live streaming of the event would be a big double-plus more gooder-er thing too, eh?

Ray likes this.
  9. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

They'd be way more useful than gawds. I've prayed over my carbs, and we still can't get in the door of the Church!
    Why don't we consider somewhere between Northern Ontario and Northern NY? Hmm, somewhere like Eastern Ontario? Some of the greatest cruisin' roads wind their way along the St. Lawrence River!

Ray likes this.
  10. Craig B

Craig B Active Member

Planning on one for 2017?