1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted 1982 Yamaha 650 Seca Turbo Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Charles F Wells Sr, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Charles F Wells Sr

Charles F Wells Sr New Member

Hello Fellow Riders,
    My 35yr Old Seca Turbo needs a New Heart (Fuel Pump) and I'm reaching out to those who can help me. If you know of a Dealer, Seller or Yourself Please email me

Thanks and Keep Riding!

2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

For the best parts and service, try XJ4ever. There's a link on the top right corner of every page here. Or start a conversation with member Chacal, he runs that show. You'll always get the right part, in a hurry. Sounds like he pays me, but he doesn't. He's actually that good.

3. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

I think any fuel pump will work, so long as the outlet pressure is the same (14psi or greater up to 25 psi) and the flow rate is similar or greater (I'm not sure of that spec). The fuel pressure regulator does the rest.

In fact, if you want to add a manual boost controller and over boost you need a higher pressure fuel pump. That's the one thing holding me back since I haven't sourced a new one nor have I needed to replace the original one. I've heard of someone on this site using an R6 fuel pump for this, although I'm not sure of the exact year. That'd work for you even if you leave the boost stock.

4. Charles F Wells Sr

Charles F Wells Sr New Member

I read that too. He had to add a Metal Gas Filter and changed a few thing but he said it worked. I think the Size of the Pump and the Output psi are the 2- obstacles I have.
    Thanks for the Reply

5. Masterx

Masterx Member

I can confirm any fuel pump works. Mine wasn't functioning and my mechanic put a standard bike aftermarket replacement.

6. Jory Preston

Jory Preston New Member

I have one make offer works fine