1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

750 Seca plus parts bike in Denver, $750

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by apotheon, Dec 6, 2017.

1. apotheon

apotheon New Member

This isn't me, but I found this listing on Craigslist while looking for local 750 Seca fuel tanks. I might get in touch with the seller about maybe taking a tank, but I thought I should let the people on this forum know about it:

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/81-yamaha-seca-750/6375127073.html

It looks like fifty cents per cubic centimeter of displacement between the two bikes. It looks like one is non-running, and the other is VERY non-running with missing parts and an eclectic paint job.

If someone here goes for it, and the owner doesn't want to sell just a tank to me, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me take one of the tanks off your hands.

2. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

Hmm. Look like an optimist thread candidate to me

3. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

That's absolutely LAUGHABLE. There's a few good parts on the real 750r... the rare tail light mount, for one good part-- well, maybe the ONLY good part. Ok, ok--- maybe the tank, tail cowl, fender, possibly engine, carbs, and a few other bits.

The fact the guy managed to create two parts bikes out of one is quite..... um.... something.

The second one isn't even a 750 seca to begin with. It looks like he literally swapped enough parts around to look like complete bike and a parts bike. Note, for example: each bike has one Seca rim and the opposite Special rim. Seeing the swirly should make one think " ooo. Oooo ooooooo--- it really is Seca!! See the swirly?!?!".... not taking into account that the RIMS CAN BE SWAPPED, nor the fact that just about everything on the Junk Bike is NOT XJ to begin with. Ditto for the Gauges, headlight, etc... the Seca did not have any round gauge or round headlight.

The whole front is not a Seca front-- the 750 Seca had anti-dive forks, the master cyl. Was not located on the bars, etc....

$200 parts bike with free junk bike....... if that.

Don't waste your time. This is not a CL optimist.... this a CL Scheisterist.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. apotheon

apotheon New Member

I'm clearly not very familiar with Secas. Thanks for the lesson.