Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Timbox, Jun 22, 2017.
Lets try Flikr and see if I can post pics.
4 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Okay looks like I/we can and it is free if and when you have a yahoo.com email account...1TB worth for free I think.
I will add the pics that were removed and or updates...I hope.
The one above was day 1 after getting it home.
2 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Secondary Drive Unit (SDU) and the hidden place of the clutch slave.
SDG cluch slave by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Back side of the SDU with clutch slave attached on upper part of pic.
Output shaft by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Primary and reserve on this model...interesting.
New fuel lines 2 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Clutch plunger that the slave pushs
Engine side 1 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Carbs with mud bees
15 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
More mud bees on body
13 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Cleaning and shining time
Polished sides by Tim Brown, on Flickr
What she looked like today when I took her for a little longer ride.
20170716_163213 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
20170716_163221 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
20170716_163229 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Need to spend some some on cleaning the engine and what ever I can get my hands on. Those wheels I am not too sure what to do with. Besides that she feels wonderful and wow does this bike have scary, to be respected power!
Got the horn on and then it stopped working....hmm. Trouble shooting drove me nuts, if you have ever had a partial open then you know what I mean. I found the partial open on the Bl/W wire in the horn button area. I would guess with the age of the wire and all the vibration it just finally went. That however was not the only thing to go on the new horn ckt. The "NEW" relay that came with the horn was bad, sure it would "click" when I fixed the partial open but now power to the horn. The output let of the relay had disconnected somehow inside the relay. Put another relay in and now that air horn is blasting away.
20170808_163129 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
Got the vacuum screws in the mail the other day and had some time this morning. Wow were those carbs out of synch. 1&2 were way out from the other two. She is running really nice and and once I get the paper work back from the WI DMV on the title I will be able to ride her....legally.
I think I will have to take the SDU off again as I think I see some hypo oil under the bike on the bench. Not too happy about that as I am sure it will be the seal in the back and not the gasket. Just another thing to work on while I am waiting on the paper work. In the mean time there is a 81 750 Seca close by with a "title" for a good price...thinking of picking that up.