1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Aussie XJers

Discussion in 'Other' started by brenton, May 9, 2006.

1. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

It will be a full day return trip, give you something to do next weekend. My new toy was a 2 day return trip.
    harryandbarry have been having quite a clean out of the sheds lately

2. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Now if could slip in a work trip, throw the trailer on behind and hope notice's driving from one end of Victoria to the other and return.........

3. kinen1

kinen1 Member

Hi all,

I am from Perth Western Australia!

in the process of restore/mod my 81 XJ 650. I Will start a thread once I get more processing further.

kinen1 :)

4. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Perth? it's all right we won't hold it against you lol. Welcome aboard, you'll find all the info you need on the site, just do a search if you can't find it, somebody will be able to help. Always like seing what someone else is doing.

5. Muddyphil51

Muddyphil51 New Member

Hi guys, I'm in Victoria and I'm the odd-man out on this fantastic site, I have an XJ750 engined car.

The car was built in WA some years ago and, I am told it, was road registered. The engine is mid-mounted and drives a "reversing" gearbox via chain off the shaft drive flange, this gearbox has a chain driving the diff. I recently fried the "ignitor" and had no luck finding a replacement here in Melbourne but have now arranged for one from Canada.

The 4:1 exhaust runs through a hotdog muffler and I just love the sound in makes/made. I can't wait to finish the rebuild and to get to a track day or two.

6. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Hi Mudyphil51, welcome to the site. Sounds like you've got an interesting machine. We have a 2 seater off-road buggy here with a 1200 Kawasaki, it uses a starter motor via chain drive for reverse and chain drive for final drive, it has been a very reliable machine. Get some pic's up for to us see your beast!

7. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Member

Yep I think we would all like to see some pics mate!

8. Muddyphil51

Muddyphil51 New Member

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I have attempted and failed to attach a few photos of the car for your information, I doubt it would have the performance of the 1200, so at some stage I may look to up grade the engine to an 1100 but for now I am happy with the 750. I will see if I can load some images to the Gallery. Regards MuddyPhil

Attached Files:

9. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Awesome, somebody spent a lot of time putting it together, looks very well engineered. Should be a fun machine to drive, make sure you have a GoPro when you take it out so we can come along for a ride. :)

10. Muddyphil51

Muddyphil51 New Member

Thanks I will be sure to edit out any off track adventures. Here are some other views.

Attached Files:

11. Muddyphil51

Muddyphil51 New Member

And here is the extra gearbox which provides 5 reverse gears.

Attached Files:

12. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Must sound neat with the hotdog, how does it go for airflow behind the seat, ducts or cooling fan, i'm guessing the oil cooler must be whats upfront.

13. Muddyphil51

Muddyphil51 New Member

Indeed there is an oil cooler with an electric fan at the front and this also blows through a "transmission tunnel" onto the oil filter and lower part of the block, I also will have an air scoop above the engine directing air onto the head and over the intakes. I have just introduced an oil temp gauge into the oil flow circuit to warn of any problems, I hope before it is all too late.

14. Muddyphil51

Muddyphil51 New Member

The beast lives! Thanks to Yannick Cote, an XJBikes member from Ottawa, Canada, I now have a working engine again. And, damn it I missed out on acquiring an XS1.1 on eBay the other day, someone got a good buy.

15. ol_750

ol_750 Member

Awesome machine Muddyphil51

16. AGman

AGman New Member

Hi all.

From Shepparton in Country Vic.

Don't own an XJ yet but am looking. XJ650 or the later 900s are on my list. Those 750s don't look too bad either...

Cheers

17. Troy-g

Troy-g New Member

hi all, from the sunshine coast, have an 85 xj900f
    i know this is not the right place to post but i need some plastic air scoops that sit under the fuel tank to finish off my old mans old 900 wich i inherited , willing to pay very good money for them

18. willreidrx

willreidrx New Member

Hi All,

i got a spare xj750 engine here for sale looks to be 90% complete. comes with carbys etc. condition is unknown. I bought it to add a big bore kit to it but plans have changed.

Located on the central Coast NSW.

looking for $150

Cheers

Will

19. willreidrx

willreidrx New Member

Hi All,

Now about my Bike. I have a 82 model XJ750r. inherited the bike from my Dad. It hasn't been registered since late 1983. Dad hit a tree and bent the front end abit.

Needs abit of work. Looking for some little things to try and get it back on the road.
    1. Need the plastic headlight frame / enclosure
    2. front rim (mine has a big dent/ bend in it)

Will get some pics up soon.

Cheers

Will

20. ol_750

ol_750 Member

Hi
    I'm assuming you mean the scoops that are either side of the oil cooler. I picked up a set a few yrs back & havn't seen any since. On the forum here a guy shows how to make a set. [I think he is in Melbourne}

Cheers Andrew