1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Gasket kit -full rebuild Virago 1100

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by RusteeGold, May 21, 2017.

1. RusteeGold

RusteeGold Active Member

I'm in the processof rebuilding the engine on a 1990 Virago 1100. I've got the engine completely torn down and ready to reassemble now. I'm looking for a gasket kit... I've found that Vesrah sells a full gasket kit for about $100 and LuckyBike sells a full gasket kit for $150. If I were to buy OEM gaskets from Yamaha it would cost almost $400 (buying from Partzilla.com)

A few years ago I used Vesrah gaskets the rebuild the top end of my Virago 750. It was an unpleasant experience because the gaskets were not the same quality or the same size as OEM Yamaha. For example the valve cover O-rings were 8% smaller in diameter causing the valve covers to leak oil.

So I'm leaning towards OEM gaskets this time even though the cost is much higher.

Does anybody have experience with LuckyBike gaskets or know of any other options for full gasket sets?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member