1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Sambo2cans, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Sambo2cans

Sambo2cans New Member

Hi
    I have been lurking on here for a while whilst I got my bike on the road.
    I have pretty much done everything, oils and seals, filters, cleaned out carbies, a complete brake system rebuild front to back, bearings etc etc. Ditched the lights and instruments and modded it to suit me. Its road registered now and runs great. I will strip it down in the future and shine it up but for the moment im not fussed with bling.
    Here it is, i call it the Rat Tracker as its a bit ratty and well, it's a tracker. I live in the country so bitumen turns to dirt often and i didnt want to have to turn around when exploring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheCrazyGnat likes this.
  2. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Welcome! I grew up in Wandiligong before moving to US so I get the dirt stuff. Cool looking bike, I like what you did with that one.

3. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

Welcome Sambo2cans.
    Good one on ya for keeping the airbox intact!

Interesting headlight mount, curious as to how the design was developed.

4. Sambo2cans

Sambo2cans New Member

Ill take some pics of it for you over the week end.
    I got my inspiration from this bike [​IMG]
    I still have a way to go, a different tank is the next thing on the list so that the bottom of it is straight and lines up with the seat pan.
    Unfortunately its off the road this week cause I miss judged the severity of the chrome condition on the front forks and they were weeping slowly. They need a rechrome.

5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

That's a nice looking Seca. I'd stick with the stock tank, it has a good look. I think it needs a number up front on the headlight panel. Like a race dirt bike.

6. ADragonsTail

ADragonsTail Member

Looks good as is but stripping it further might change that. I hope you have a fat bum because that seat doesn't look too comfy on the unsealed roads.

7. Sambo2cans

Sambo2cans New Member

LOL yes the seat is a bit on the firm side. That is on the list too, a couple more layers to bring it up a bit. Looking into 25mm longer shocks on the back - could be lighter too than stock as Im only 67kg.
    Looking into some sticker numbers as well for the front and rear fender. I'm thinking a 7.

8. ADragonsTail

ADragonsTail Member

7 was Barry Sheens' number. He was a great rider/bloke/everything but he was a Suzuki rider. What about Rossi's 46 or as an Aussie, what about Casey's 27?

9. Sambo2cans

Sambo2cans New Member

I got bored and did this the other day [​IMG]
    I only like the number seven cause its lucky in a lot of cultures - plus its easy ;)

The number plate on the front is suspended off the original Atari mount spots via a piece of stainless and at the bottom via two threads and some bolts. I pop rivoted everything as this was an experiment and I was making it up as I went. Version 2 will be thicker and welded.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The most time consuming part was the wiring which all got minimised and rerouted.
    One light is low beam the other is high beam.
    Like I said a bit ratty but it gets dirty so...

Stumplifter likes this.
  10. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

Looks good to me, as it's a work in progress that seat will get more comfy. How effective are the headlights? Do you live near a river, going by the trees in the background.

And for jayrohdoh I picked apples a couple of seasons very near Wandiligong many moons ago. Good area.