1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Hiding wires on round headlight conversion

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Scottie1, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Scottie1

Scottie1 Active Member

I have done the Atari delete and fitted a 7 inch round headlight. Now the problem I am having is how to find a way of tidying up the front wires. I cant fit anymore inside the headlight housing. It looks kinda yucky as it is any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

Hang a tool bag to hide it? That's what I ended up doing when I removed the factory front turn signals and their fork mounts which lead to having to remove the yamaha emblem and exposing the brake union on the lower triple tree. Just an idea. For me it comes in handy to keep a few tools, flashlight, and a pair of sunglasses/clear glasses whichever I'm not wearing at the time.

3. Scottie1

Scottie1 Active Member

I might just do that I’ve got an old Harley one I can use. Thanks for the tip

4. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

You could just use a black sharpie to dye the red and yellow wires. The front of my stock XJ550 looks a little like yours, but the wiring, being all black, doesn't stand out.

5. Scottie1

Scottie1 Active Member

The red and yellow wire is easy to re route and hide it. It just looks untidy a bit with the 2 chunks of wires there. I have done what Chitwood suggested and it looks much better.

Attached Files:

Chitwood likes this.
  6. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

I like it! Plus I love to tick the "hardcore" Harley guys off with HD logos on my Japanese motorcycle! Hahaha. I have a pair of sportster "mufflers" on my 650 and I purposely made sure that the HD embossed logo was upside down and visible. No offense to any HD riders that may be on here. Some are nice as can be but I have ran into a few that scoff just because my bike isn't an HD. Still waiting for one of them to make a comment about my shaft drive bike because I have a real zinger locked and loaded for them. Nice work!

7. Scottie1

Scottie1 Active Member

I also have a pair of Harley mufflers on my 750Seca. When I get the bike on the road very soon I shall be wearing my HD jacket I got . Alas I do own a Harley but I’m like the typical Harley rider

8. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have Harley anniversary wings on my gas tank with skulls glued to them (PO did it) and a boar mounted on the front fender with red glowing eyes

9. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

My "Harley"
    IMG_0354.JPG

Zoom in on the fender badge---

Scottie1 likes this.