1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Honda Rebel CMX250

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by MattiThundrrr, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

As promised, here is the thread for my Rebel. It's a 2007 with 7800 miles (formerly an American bike) on the clock. I have gotten it up to around 70 MPH, but it was working it's heart out to get there. I think it would benefit from the other half of the engine... 500cc 4 cylinder would do the trick!

IMG_20170718_124443.jpg
    IMG_20170718_124830.jpg
    IMG_20170718_125024.jpg
    I call it Billy Idol - the gutless rebel.

BigT likes this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Aside from lack of power, here are the issues I have... Speedo is in MPH. Kph would be nice. No self cancelling signals. Usually want this about 2 minutes after I have turned... Not a massive fan of chain drive, there are a few drops of 80 weight on the garage floor. I'm sure there's another one I can't remember. I'd better go for a ride and try to figure out what...

3. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

I've had mine up to about 78 mph on the speedometer and it probably had another 2-3in it. But it was screaming. I normally run between 55 & 60 on the highway, but it is mostly an in town bike for me. On the road I usually ride my Honda 750 Ace or my XJ 700n. That said, the Rebel is the most fun to ride.

4. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Good looking bike, I've always liked the look. If your chain is leaving drops it's over oiled or wrong type. If it's an o-Ring chain it's pretty much lubed and sealed at the factory, you just need a light coat of chain lube or wax for the roller to sprocket contact. I use PJ1 blue label on mine with O or X ring.

5. jayrodoh

The XJ and the Rebel tearing up west side Cleveland tonight.

IMG_0817.JPG

Stumplifter and MattiThundrrr like this.
  6. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Yeah, it's the lack of tachometer. Why anyone would make a bike without one is beyond me. The gear indicators on the speedo don't cut it. But I AM getting good at using my butt as a tach... she starts to buzz at just about shift point.

Oldmansin likes this.
  7. Oldmansin

Oldmansin Member

My Stryker has the same issue, and the stock exhaust was so quiet that I could hear the engine mechanicals over the exhaust on the ride home from the dealer. I gutted the exhaust within a week so that I could hear what the bike was doing.

8. jayrodoh

[​IMG]