1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I know theres a few in the Edmonton area

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Supernaut, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Supernaut

Supernaut Member

This is just a shout out to other XJ'ers around the Edmonton area. As some may remember I moved out here a few months ago from Ontario. I don't know too many folks out here yet so if someone is up for a beer sometime or needs a 3rd hand on some bike wrenching (for beer of course) I'd probably be up for it. I'm going to need people to ride with as well when the weather gets warm enough, lol.

Oh yes, and I plan on hanging on to the XJ for at least another year or 2. Haven't moved to a Vstrom yet.

2. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Member

I used to be an XJ'er from the Edmonton area. If you head over to Whyte Avenue on any evening, there are usually a bunch of bikers hanging out at the Tim Horton's just west of 106st. I don't know if that's the correct street anymore, I moved away in '02, but you won't miss it, that's for sure. I wonder if my old 900 is still tearing up the streets there?

3. RangerG

RangerG Member

I'm 2 1/2 hours east of you. Attached photo of 4 XJ bikes. The two 650 Secas are from Edmonton. I met these guys during the XJ World Relay in 2003. I don't know if they still have their bikes, but I think I still have their e-mail addresses.
    [​IMG]

4. xj750guy

xj750guy Member

I'm in Brooks, but if you happen to be heading south, I know of a couple great rides into Montana, and as long as I can convince my pregnant wife I'd be glad to go for a rip.

5. ridz

ridz Member

I think lowlife is up that way, but from what he saying its to durn cold to be riding up there now.

Stay warm as well as safe. :wink:

6. Supernaut

Supernaut Member

Cool, I wasn't expecting replies so quick. I guess I have to keep my eyes peeled.

And yes its a little chilly to be riding now. It actually hit -40c (-40F) the one night when I was getting out of work at 12:30am a couple weeks ago. So damn cold that it would take a full 3 seconds to shift gears in my sunfire as the clutch wouldn't move any faster. Thats the sort of conditions where you can pretty much push the clutch in and slide your foot off it, then use the gas pedal alone to complete the smooth shift, lol. With my foot off the clutch it was taking about 2 seconds to return to the engaged position.

Thanks macmac, I might have to check that place out.

And rangerG you live in Loyd I think? The bizarre town that straddles the Alberta/Saskatchewan boarder? I've only been through there when I first moved. It had the Princess Auto that finally had the correct spare tire for my trailer after I had lost it some 2000km earlier.

And xj750, who knows maybe I'll be rolling down that way this summer.

Thanks folks, this is a great community here.