1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Insurance Options

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Bluegray57, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Bluegray57

Bluegray57 Active Member

Now that I have purchased the '81 XJ650, I've been looking at insurance options. I already have car and renters insurance with State Farm but I haven't called yet for a quote. I did run across Hagerty who does insure classic vehicles. Has anyone here used them and/or have experience with them?

2. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's who my dad has insurance on the 1961 Corvette convertible through but can't speak to any specifics such as cost and what not

Bluegray57 likes this.
  3. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

I have used Hagerty and will continue to use once I get riding again. The rates were great and the agreed upon value was absolutely zero hassle to setup initially and update. Unfortunately I got hit and my bike was totaled, had a check for riding gear a couple days later and another check for the full value once they deemed it totaled. They even took care of delivering the bike back at no charge and paid an ambulance bill 4 months later that wasn’t covered by health insurance.

Plug, MattiThundrrr and Bluegray57 like this.