1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Premium Member - features and functions

Discussion in 'Announcement' started by SnoSheriff, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaldWonder

BaldWonder Innocent Bystander

Yeah, they break down to 90, 60, and 50 dollars a year, respectively, depending on what bulk discount you want.

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

It costs me $50.00 per month to have my garbage hauled away. $5.00 for premium access to stuff that I actualy want seems like a good deal.

3. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

Hey everyone. I just implemented Conversation limits and added a bunch of new functionality for Premium Members. Here are some Premium Member new functions:
    • Inbox max=200 (Non-Premium Registered=10)
    • Can upload attachments to personal conversations
    • Can have 5 maximum conversation recipients
    • Can create participant groups
    • Can have Auto Response message
    • Can create conversation prefixes
    • Can kick participants from conversations they started
    • Can Like conversation messages
    Again, all of these changes/differences will be summarized once I finish implementing them. I'm just keeping you posted as what's happening behind the curtain...

4. FtUp

FtUp Well-Known Member

no I didn't, I was trying to make a point and I wasn't being very articulate. yes, I enjoy coming to this forum too, it is the first place I go when I turn my computer on. but when or if I start feeling too excluded, because I am not one of the "premium members" and I cannot access something as a result, I am going to be less and less interested and eventually just go away and find something more interesting. I do appreciate what snosheriff has created here and I believe he deserves to be compensated in some way. there are lots of forums out there that are very successful and don't have any kind of premium membership or even a donate link. they make all their money through advertising and page load numbers, from what I understand.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble finding work. I am swamped with work and I still can't seem to make ends meet. I myself have just started a 4 year debt relief program, because my debt to income ratio is out of whack. of course that is mostly my doing and I don't really want to get into it here.

I will certainly never stop being who I am either.

I have never donated or paid to be a member of any forum. the forums I belong to that I frequent however, I do my best to only post viable content and be as helpful as I can, so that others may benefit.

FU

Geezer Ryder likes this.
  5. SnoSheriff

I just implemented the following limits on the "For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted" forum:
    • Regular Registered Members are allowed to post 1 new thread per 4 weeks
    • Premium Members are allowed to post Unlimited treads with no time restrictions

6. SnoSheriff

I just implemented the self serve "Account Upgrades" functionality. Now anyone can upgrade their account to the Premium Membership level. These options are located under "Your Account">"Account Upgrades" menu as shown in the following pic.
    upload_2015-4-20_21-59-36.png

7. SnoSheriff

@Geezer Ryder, Let me repeat this: Nobody is being forced to pay anything and the core forum functionality of this site WILL remain free to all Registered members. The additional features and increased limits are going to be available only to Premium Members. Members voted against Premium forum so that wasn't implemented. Even tho I was for it.

This thread was meant to keep everyone in the loop about the changes taking place and see what else Premium members would like. The site changes are now mostly complete. Last night I posted the "Premium-Account" menu link. Here you will see the differences between the account types. I didn't have time to make that table pretty...

Seems to me that you are eating the carrot and drinking XJBikes cool-aid because you are still here. If you don't like this place then find one that you like. Free has limits in all aspects of life...

I'm locking this thread because the changes are mainly done. If anyone has any other ideas they can send them directly to me through Conversations, Contact Us (bottom right corner of the page) or post them in the Suggestion Box forum.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Stumplifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.