1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Ride Report: Post your ride story and photos here

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Ketchup, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Ketchup

Ketchup Member

Ride Report: Post your ride story and photos here.

Howdy everyone,

Ride season is upon us. What better way to reflect on our ride than to share it?

Garnering the idea from like-minded forums it would be nice to have one thread containing our Ride Reports. A ride report should consist of a simple story and an attached photo of your ride, trip, journey, or plain old adventure on your XJ Bike or motorcycle.

General Rules:
    1. Motorcycle oriented ride reports. Not about cars, trucks, bicycles, or atv's - motorcycles!
    2. Use the like button! Fat finger smash that like button if you’ve enjoyed someone’s ride report
    3. Keep the off-topic chatter to a minimum
    4. No flaming posts

I’ll go first

Ride Report 03/10/2018:

With high’s in the Central Texas region peaking at 92*F day-of-ride, it seemed like a marvelous idea to peel away for a spin and explore my new environment. My route consisted of warming up the old tires through the subdivision area before hitting the farm-to-market roads for a little dirt action and a photo for you all. This was a shakedown trip of sorts - stretching each leg of the cruise farther and farther. In doing so, I have found out that:
    1. There’s a pretty sweet motorcycle oriented bar and grill just down the road from me
    2. Its time to finally install my petcock rebuild parts
    3. those 35 year old rear shocks need attention
    4. this XJ addict requires a monthly fix - Oh Chacal...where art thou?
    5. Never trust a Toyota Prius driver - you have been warned

Ride Stats:
    • 55.6 miles traveled per the Garmin (forgot to reset the cluster trip-o-meter immediately)
    • 0.827 gallons of fuel consumed per the post-ride fuel up
    • 67 mile per gallon average for this trek
    • Farmers tan achieved

Thanks y'all,

Attached Files:

joe elliff and MattiThundrrr like this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Good luck with that, it's the Hangout Lounge.
    Now tell us about the bar and grill! Whiskey and BBQ? Bourbon and bacon?

PS this
    is subjective. Snow snow snow.

3. Ketchup

Ketchup Member

Looks like we're gaining some traction here, Matti. Probably more than what you have in the snow, but I won't judge. Have yet to stop at the B&G place but from what was seen from the motorfare, pretty cool looking. Per google maps this is their website: http://www.jokersicehouse.net/ Exercise caution though, one of the first available selections is their Whiskey Menu.

Welcome to Texas, sir. Ride season is here. Will snap an extra picture for those who can't quite get out and spin yet. Highs reaching the low to middle 60's today - shall I?

4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

It's snowing again. We're expecting 6-8 inches by tomorrow's end.

5. Ketchup

Ketchup Member

3/25/18

Went for a spin around the area after having finally got tires squared away. The Kenda K761’s are tacky and grippy as all get out on both pavement and gravel. It was a little bit surprising as to how sticky they are on the slab - startling on a straight line.

Not much time remaining for today’s cruise but managed to hit some of the better spots.
    Lake - check.
    Caliche back roads - check.
    Highway - check.

Attached Files:

Stumplifter likes this.