1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

SEATTLE BACKFIRE MOTO NIGHT NEW VENUE

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by LarryMc, Feb 14, 2018.

1. LarryMc

LarryMc Active Member

Backfire Moto Night:
    THE SPRING OPENER is
    Wednesday, March 21st 2018 4PM
    2233 6th Ave. South (THE SHOP - in the SODO industrial district)

This is the new improved venue for this monthly event. Getting to Ballard sucked balls at that time of day plus parking was limited or nonexistent. They have a much better venue with tons of off street parking, covered and outdoors. Read more at:

http://www.backfiremoto.com/

2. Richard Elbon

Richard Elbon Active Member

I saw the flyer for this deal,what’s it like?

3. LarryMc

LarryMc Active Member

It's a well executed bike gathering. All bikes and riders are welcomed. I usually find a good place to park and wander around on foot to check other bikes and things out. There's generally a couple different types of food and beverages available somewhere. Beer is on site usually in a enclosed garden type thing.
    Parking is free, off the street, inside this monster sized warehouse but some choose to hang outdoors.
    Everyone that attends are bike people. They are friendly, supportive of the local culture, diverse in personality and what they ride. It can be cool or weird depending on what rattles you, but not a freak show. Lots of cafe style bikes, classics and some customs. Sometimes people have booths and sell stuff like gear, parts or whatever.
    I've been several times, each time with a different bike, and for the hour or so I spend there l've enjoyed looking at different bikes and asking questions about them. Likewise, if you ride something unique, be prepared to answer questions.

4. Richard Elbon

I went to this on August 15 th and I was astounded.By 330 there were about a thousand people there and 6-800 bikes. All makes. I saw homebuilt cafe bikes next to Harley’s next to Honda CT 70s,BMWs,my own 83GS 1100E. European,Italian,American,Japanese.Well worth going. I rode from LaCenter Washington just north of Portland Oregon to Seattle’s South area near the Seahawks stadium got there at 300p and left to ride home at 930. If you’re in the area you gotta go.

LarryMc likes this.
  5. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

When I’m able to ride again I gotta go

6. LarryMc

LarryMc Active Member

Sounds like the August meet was a record braker for attendance. My bike was torn apart so I missed that one. I believe that there is only two more gatherings this year, Sept and Oct., then they reconvene the following Spring in March.
    Each time I've attended I'm amazed at how many people, in and around the area, have such cool bikes. They are true enthusiasts.
    And then the weirdness is always sprinkled around the events too. I saw a group of 8-10 people show up on their customized gas powered razor scooters who had rode up to Seattle from the Kent area about 25 miles away
    You can tell when its Backfire night because from about 2:00 on the volume of motorcycles on the road is crazy.
    It's a well ran unique event that's not comparable anything else that happens in Seattle.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  7. Richard Elbon

Yep,and I live just north of Vancouver Washington and am soon going to cycle gear here to see about setting up something similar at their place.