1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Signature

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by KA1J, Jul 25, 2015.

1. KA1J

KA1J Member

The new site is much different than the old version (I had to eliminate my many saved helpful replies in my inbox, to make the new site software happy) and I'm wondering if I'm not doing something right with the signature?

I entered:
    82 XJ650 Maxim
    82 XJ1100 Maxcim
    86 XJ700XS Maxim-X

And the signature pop up window said it was: two too many lines and 32 characters too long

So I tried this
    82 XJ650 Maxim, 82 XJ1100 Maxcim, 86 XJ700XS Maxim-X

And it said 32 characters too long?

I just counted the characters I entered and it's 52. Minus the 32 that makes our allowed signature only 20 characters max? Can that be correct?

Gary

2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

According to the chart on the "Premium Account" link above, 20 is the limit... if you use Yamaha's lettering system, year and name of bike can be eliminated, ie. my 82 750 seca is shortened to xj750rj.
    Not sure of the letter code for 85, but your maxims would be xj650j and xj1100j. Or you could pony up for the premium membership to have 200 character limit, and get all the other benefits associated. Membership has its privileges.

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

It also makes sure there is enough money in the kitty to keep the site up.

4. KA1J

KA1J Member

LOL donations are always a good thing. I've donated before via paypal, to the old site because I used it daily. I haven't been able to ride for almost 2 years now so haven't checked in, in a long time and the new site was (is) a surprise.

I really hated to delete the messages I had stored, there were some brilliant solutions & answers archived I couldn't find elsewhere.

Things never remain as we remember them. No.

5. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

Don't forget to use the 'Bookmark' feature offered to the Premium Members ;). You may find it helpful.

6. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

You should see the "Bookmark" link under each post just to the right of the Report button. Once you bookmark some threads, then you can use the 'Bookmarks' menu on top of the page to quickly navigate to those bookmarked threads...