1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Suzuki bandit smokes

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by tjm, Apr 9, 2017.

1. tjm

tjm New Member

just push bandit 1200 very cheap. Bike will not idle but sounds good when running. Carbs are leaking gas from float bowls and white/ gray smoke comes out of exhaust while running. My plan was to clean carbs and replace float needle seats To see if that fixes problem but since it's smoking wondering if I should do compression check on cylinders first. Anyone have any thoughts ?

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

1. I always do a compression check BEFORE I buy. You bought a runner, so the compression is good enough anyway.

2. White/grey smoke is a combination of the extra fuel, and condensation. I'tll clear up once you fix the carbs and run the engine up to temperature.

3. Find a Suzuki Bandit forum so you can get expert advice on the little things that are unique to that model. Unless someone here owns one, all we can give you is general advice.

Jetfixer likes this.
  3. tjm

tjm New Member

Thank you for the information k moe. I have a seca 550 I got back on the road last year after it had been sitting for 20 years. Without this forum I don't think I would have been able to get it done

Jetfixer likes this.
  4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

I used to have a 03, loved it but just had too many bikes so she had to go down the road. There are lots of forums out there to help you.

5. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member