1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

UK based owners

Discussion in 'Other' started by sausage-fingers, Jul 11, 2009.

1. thebat

thebat New Member

Wizard that looks great but I know mine will never be that clean, I enjoy working on cars n bikes always have.
    I rebuilt a 1961 series 2 landrover in my early 20's, have had many "project cars" along the way including a MG B GT which is still in to many parts to think about but sadly its all tarped up sitting at my parents as i'm going through a divorce and dont have a garage or space to work on things like i would love. But that aside i will enjoy doing what i do as the circulmstances forced the sell of my K4 bandit just last week and the xj fell into my lap so to speak lol

2. jonrms

jonrms Member

hello another one in england.. uk.

living near the humber.. up by beverly hull area..

3. Kenbo

Kenbo Member

Im in Scotland near to Stirling.

Just passed on my 80" XJ650 to someone with more experiance who could get her back on the road.

Still running a 99" 600 Diversion (SECAII)

4. jonrms

jonrms Member

Kenbo are you on the yamaha diversion site.. I just sold my divy for a maxim...

5. non_quotidiun

non_quotidiun Member

Hey sausage fingers: you stole my laptop administrator name :)

6. jonrms

jonrms Member

Is anyone else comming to bmf in may the 14th?

if you are please please let me know ... send me a pm.. our MC will be there and will have a huge marquee and food and beer... drinks...

you can join us if you wish and have the most memorable time of your life I can promise that...

7. jonrms

jonrms Member

oh yeah and one more thing... on the 3rd of april.. our MC is hosting a big meet in Grimsby... there will be a live band.. BBQ etc..

Please attend... I strongly hope you all will...

you can see my bike in the making as well here is the address.. again pm me for more details but it starts at 10am.. and finishes about 6pm.. ish...

Unit 4 Holme Street
    Grimsby
    North East Lincolnshire
    DN32 9AD

8. conrod99

conrod99 New Member

Hi - I just found this site and promptly joined. I have a 92 XJ900F in bits (had it since new). I'm near Forfar in Scotland. When I got the bike I bought the Yam workshop manual and a parts micrifiche so if anybody needs copies or scans of bits (not the whole thing!) respond here and I'll see what I can do.

9. SimonRef

SimonRef Member

Hi All another born again biker here,mines a 1992 XJ900F which getting a large amount of TLC at the moment,Sorn right now, MOT'd and roadworthy otherwise, im finding and replacing as i find,- lost fixings correct indicators that sort of stuff, the list is going down slowly when time and money allows.ps i have a yics tool if anyone needs one, sourced from America via e-bay, the old XJ really purrs now with balanced carbs and a new cam chain lol.

10. tiff

tiff Member

I've just bought a 1992 XJ600.Live in Fife,Scotland.

Bought it as a fixer upper,but didn't realise how bad it was! no spark (new TCi) swingarm siezed solid...snapped the small swingarm in half with my breaker bar,then the 12mm bolt that holds it in-had to grind off the remanants of the arm..then had to press out the swingarm arms, took 4.5 tons to do that! : 8O new forkseals,welded the T Bag Motad,broke 2 exhaust studs...rebuilt calipers,full service..and its still a tatty old XJ that I haven't ridden-hope its worth it! A bit of a change from my usual BMW's!

Waiting on front wheel bearings and rear linkage/shock to be delivered then its MOT time!

Anyone have a decent blue fairing and bellypan?

11. boldstar

boldstar Member

hi all u.k. xj bikers. had my 81'650 for three and a half years now still turns heads puts a lot of the new bikes to shame lol aberdeen scotland

12. SimonRef

SimonRef Member

I had a silver Xj650 new in 1982, went all over on it and nobody ever knew what it was.Really quiet until you wound it back, then that turbine like howl,fantastic !. I couldnt find one around (one on ebay at the moment), so i got the next best thing My 1992 Xj900F which rolls back the years with that XJ whine.

13. Babylon

Babylon Member

I'm Rick, been on this forum since last year. Found it by accident when cruising the WWW looking for info on fixing my XJ700 Maxim X.

I'm a full patch member of the Van Dieman MCC side patch club (www.vandiemanmcc.com) in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset. My forum name 'Babylon' is my nickname in the club & the name I usually go by. If someone calls me Rick I have to stop a second to realise they are talking to me! LOL ;)

Here's me & my bike.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought the Maxim X for just under £600 off fleaBay & other than cracked coils, change of tyres & a carb problem which (with help from the forum) I now have pretty well sorted hasn't done too badly for me!
    My Maxim beats the crap out of my mate's Zephyr 750 ... which amuses me immensely!

14. weefatbob

weefatbob New Member

Hi
    Bob here....1999 xj600n diversion. Born again biker, tho just passed my test 2 yrs ago.

Based in Dunfermline Fife

15. janevinnie

janevinnie Member

Hi all,

I'm From stockport near manchester..
    Great website keep up good work..

16. pinson1971

pinson1971 New Member

Hi,

Have a Xj 750 j Maxim..just Mot'd and on the road this week...great bike :D ...at my local meet in North Wales no one had any idea what it was (de badged bar Yam logos)... 8)

[​IMG]

17. casperdog21

casperdog21 Member

Hi guys
    Im based in the N.E England I have just started driving my xj 650 around the roads again with the grandson on the back, one ride and he has been bitten by the bug, and like us all when we got the bug would be on the bike 24/7, as a lot of you boys say the bike gets plenty of attention when we are out, I still want a couple of bit that I need to replace but it will come in time nice tomeet you all

18. Nobby

Nobby Member

Hi all, Nobby here in Plymouth. Riding an '82 650 Maxim along with 4 other Japanese classics. Don't often visit the site as I'm not often in the UK.

19. britpod

britpod New Member

I'm in Devon with an 89 XJ900F :)

Currently spending most of my time replacing parts that are breaking down on me though... anyone know where to get a pair of replacement oil cooler lines? :p

J

Attached Files:

• xj.jpg
      xj.jpg
      File size:
      115.3 KB
      Views:
  20. yamahamaxim85

yamahamaxim85 Member

hi i live in dorset,i got the missis a maxim x,last of the maxims,,,she had 1 before,ive had a few,and a few secas,nice to hear from people,from uk