1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Update to phpBB...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by BaldWonder, Nov 4, 2013.

1. BaldWonder

BaldWonder Innocent Bystander

I've been reading stuff on XJBikes.com for quite some time now, but only registered/posting for a short while. That said, I was wondering if there was any likelihood of the forum code getting updated to the latest version of phpBB (3 is out, with lots of nifty new features). Also, there are lots of other free forums out there with just as nice features. Also, I think there are probably a number of add-ons available that could alleviate some of the image posting woes most of us seem to experience (like automatic resizing and rotating, etc).

I'm also officially throwing my hat into the volunteer ring to help research this stuff and help with any updating or archiving or what-have-you.

2. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

AFAIK, the site owner has stated that there are plans for a software upgrade at some point, but he hasn't said what or when.

3. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Personally I thought the current setup worked fine (I use photobucket for my pics & upload the IMG tags, never had a problem with it)

I dunno though, I'm an old stick in the mud who doesn't trust change so I would just say that lol :)