1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Vintage Yamaha Rally - 9/23/16 to 9/26/16 - Stecoah North Carolina

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by kboehringer, Oct 5, 2015.

1. kboehringer

kboehringer Active Member

Fellow XJ and XS Owners,

Two weeks ago I attended the annual XSSE Vintage Yamaha Rally in Stecoah, North Carolina. This is absolutely the most fun a biker can have with his/her clothes on!! The rally is held at The Iron Horse Lodge in Stecoah.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some folks drove from as far as; Canada, Northern New York, Michigan, etc. to drive "The Deal's Gap Dragon", The Blue Ridge Parkway (Scenic Highway), and several other beautiful roads in the North Carolina Mountains. We were a little hampered by a bit of light rain on Saturday 9/26 but Sunday was absolutely perfect! Each day the organizers have trips planned around the region to take in the sights. Bikers break into smaller groups of 10-15 riders. My group was led by "BillyRok" of New York on his XJ1100 Maxim.

[​IMG]
    This year there were approximately 75 attendees with a variety of vintage Yamahas including: Maxim 650's, 750's, and 1100's, XS650's, XS750's, and XS11's. There were also several newer Yamaha models and a few non-Yamahas in attendance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Next year's rally will be help 9/23 to 9/26/16. We want to FILL the lodge and all the surrounding hotels with VINTAGE YAMAHAS! Who is interested in attending??? The lodge has provisions for: Tents/Camping, Bunk Houses, Single Rooms (with and without shared baths), and full Cottage Rentals! Prices are reasonable for the high quality and the food, friendship, and activities are second to none! COVERED PARKING FOR ALL BIKES!!!

My wife and I rented a private room in this cabin. Nice parking for the Bike!
    [​IMG]

It was a little drizzly on top of the Blue Ridge Parkway but we still had a great time!
    [​IMG]

My wife & I running "The Dragon" on Sunday.....
    [​IMG]

Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll post more info and pictures here as time permits.....

Sincerely,
    Kurt Boehringer
    XJ 550 Maxim
    XS 1100 Special

TheCrazyGnat, Ray and SraWratS like this.
  2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I was there this year and he is right, the best time you will have. This was my 5the year going and I'll be back again. You got a pic of a few of my friends, Paul , Tony and Jim. I see my XS11 in the background.

Ray likes this.
  3. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Here is some discussion about the fun we had last weekend.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42989
    The last few pages are pics and stories of the event.
    I was bringing up the rear on the same group, I had 4 friends that rode along with us. Billy did a great job leading us.

Ray likes this.
  4. kboehringer

5. RonWagner

RonWagner Member

I didn't know anything about this event. I was there last weekend and I had the only bike pre 90's. I will be there for next year's event. The big question is what to take: 73 RD350, 80 SR500, 80 XS850 Midnight Special, 82 XJ650, or 86 XJ700X.

6. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Which bike doesn't matter. Which ever one you are comfortable riding 200 miles through twisties on. I usually bring 2 bikes.

7. ecologito

ecologito Well-Known Member

Wow, that is not too far from me, now all I need is to get one of my bikes on the road :)

8. SraWratS

SraWratS Member

I don't know if I'd trust my old bike to make it that far. Would be an awesome ride!

cnewman likes this.
  9. kboehringer

XJ Friends...... Several have received the note below from the Iron Horse Lodge. If you're planning to attend make your reservations NOW!

Greetings from Ironhorse!

We hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday season! If you are receiving this email then we have you listed as a leader/contact person for your group. As you know, we have been holding blocks of our lodging for your group since requested. The deadline for this hold is January 15th. If your group members have not contacted us to reserve as of yet, please remind them to do so. At the end of business Fri 1/15, we will release these held units to the general public. If you have any questions/concerns, please contact us in the office (M-F 9am-2pm) at
    828-479-3864 or thru email atinfo@ironhorsenc.com.

We look forward to seeing all of you in the 2016 season!

Pam
    Ironhorse Motorcycle Resort

10. kboehringer

11. Rockaway

Rockaway New Member

love to see more pics thanks

12. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I got an email from The Iron Horse Lodge yesterday . They have some rooms and camping spots available for the weekend of September 24 and 25. Most of us arrive Friday and leave Monday.

13. kboehringer

Since its the 15th Annual XSSE we have a few new things for this year. [​IMG]

After checking-in with the Iron Horse to get your meals & cabin/tent/bunkhouse squared away
    - then - you sign-in at our XSSE table to get the shirt you ordered & to say HEY.
    New - this year you will also receive two (2) things. [​IMG]

1) a Goodie Bag (with some neat stuff) [​IMG]
    2) a Raffle Ticket (for some really awesome stuff)
    [​IMG]

Just saying, you probably DON'T want to misplace or loose your Raffle Ticket. A need to be present to win sort of thing
    We will draw for the awesome stuff on Saturday night at our Awards Event.
    More detail to follow (no we are not going to raffle off a xs11. Wish we could) [​IMG] but there is going to be some things to likely make the crowd Hoot n' Holler
    as if this group needs any more encouragement to Hoot n' Holler

the Rally hosts

14. kboehringer

Here is the Schedule of Events

We have lots of time to Meet & Greet. [​IMG]
    talk about the bikes, look at the bikes, ride the bikes, then talk about bikes & things at lunch & dinner
    then rehash it all around the Campfire.

Since its the 15th Annual XSSE we will have some surprise extras this year. [​IMG]

Also don't want to miss the always funny Saturday night Awards event.

[​IMG]

15. kboehringer

The planned Saturday ride is NC28, NC116, Canada Rd NC281 to Hawg Wild BBQ in Brevard.
    Then after lunch up US276 to the Blue Ridge Parkway to Cherokee back to I-H.
    something like that
    About 110 miles each way AM & PM for a 220 mile ride

The planned Sunday ride will catch a few of these classic roads going To-From Etowah Tennessee.
    Then wander back to I-H.
    something like that
    Ride mileage is about the same as Saturday, about 220 miles

As in past years you can do your own thing -or- form your own group and make your own ride plan -or- just follow one of our 3 or 4 leaders.
    (we hope to have a couple Pace Riders groups and a couple of Tourist & Photo Rider groups that stop a bit more for pictures & scenery)

Sunday ride prospects
    [​IMG]

16. kboehringer

Couple of Details:

1. Tent Camping is still Available at the Iron Horse. Maybe some availability in the Bunk House, but the Cabins are sold out (but call, its worth a try)

2. If you haven't made a motel reservation yet and would like to join the Rally try Tuskeegee Motel just 5 miles down NC 28 www.tuskeegeemotel.com/
    or the San-Ran in Robbinsville or the Micro-Tel in Robbinsville or the Kickstand Lodge on NC 28 just east of the Stecoah Diner.

3. Arrive with FULL tank of gas. On Saturday AM the group will make the 1st gas stop about 60 miles out. So if you want to ride with a group have enough petrol to get you 60 miles.

4. Reminder, Iron Horse has a Unload-Load dock at pickup tailgate height. Makes for easy Off-On if you are hauling your bike in with a pickup truck.

5. If you have already made a Reservation with the Iron Horse they will email you the weekend Menu a couple days ahead (say Sept 20th)

6. Iron Horse provides nightly Dinner (quite tasty) AND breakfast too. Its a limited kitchen so they DO NOT have a full menu. But they offer a few nice selections for dinner and have a bigger offering for breakfast. (Note: food cost is not included with your cabin or bunkhouse or tent site)

7. If you are a Tent Camper you will need to setup credit card so you can Order Meals (dinner & breakfast). When you checkout you can settle the account with I-H just as the Cabin & Bunkhouse folks will be doing. But their account is already on file because of the advance Reservation.

17. kboehringer

XS Southeast 15th Annual Fall Rally

Dates: Friday September 23 to Monday September 26
    Where: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, North Carolina

checkout: www.ironhorsenc.com
    Hope you can spend the entire weekend, just a couple of days or if your schedule is tight, join up for a day ride and lunch. You won't want to miss this special 15th Annual event.

thanks, the Rally Committee

18. kboehringer

19. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

There are times when I wish school didn't start so early here. This is one of those times.

20. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Just make plans to come K-Moe. Catch up on school work when you get back.