1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Visual Resource for Handlebars?

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Jmkrull, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jmkrull

Jmkrull Member

Is there any database or website that centralizes what different bar types look like on bikes? This is probably asking too much, just wondering if anyone has come accross anything like this. Thanks!

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Just look at different bikes and see what kind of bars you like. Then show us a pic of what you're looking for, and we can then suggest what would e a close match.

4. Ketchup

Ketchup Member

To answer your question directly, no, not aware of bar example websites. Do you have an idea of what style handlebars you might be interested in?

I prefer to wide & flat all of my two wheel machines and can generally sit down and know where I'd like my hands/torso/chin to be. With that in mind, the spare handlebars are pulled out and mocked up - from there, decisions are made! Bike handlebars work great to mock-up and get you into the ballpark, dirt bike bars also work great.

My XJ550 received an inexpensive set of steel Krator drag bars, 30.5" wide, 3" pullback, no rise, 7/8" diameter, $26; mfr part number per amazon: JBM-107-B. A great temp solution while one's bike is being built.

Bear in mind that you may experience other issues when swapping out handlebars. One of which is chassis ground on XJ models that do not have ground wire incorporated into right the on/off/start switch. Additionally, clutch and brake cable length.

Will grab a better picture of bars tomorrow. Enjoy the profile shot until then!

Attached Files:

5. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

You also need to be aware that if you use bars that are too flat or too much pullback/not enough rise, your bars or control switches may end up hitting the fuel tank when the forks are fully turned.

6. Jmkrull

Jmkrull Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up going with Tracker bars. I had the Clubman flipped setup and just wanted something a little less pulled back.