1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Winter/Cold Weather Riding Questions

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by myselfnjit, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Arlyn

Arlyn New Member

Actually, there is another way to stop the fogging on your visor. There are already helmet with built-in anti-fog visor that is distributed word wide. But if you can't afford it, there are also anti-fog visor insert in the market. Mine, I used WeePro anti-fog visor insert. So far, it proven itself very effective against fogging. Even if I breath on it, it never fog at all.

2. Minimutly

Minimutly Well-Known Member

Hvnbnd, I'm no xj expert, but starting a petrol (ok gas) engine without extra fuel would indicate a rich idle mix?
    No big deal on its own, but over time might add to bore and ring wear?

3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maine "can't get there from here" first time I heard someone say that I busted a gut.
    ask someone from maine ,Lived in maine all your life? reply Not yet

cold air is denser makes for better motor running.
    you need to adjust your idle for the weather you ride in you should not have to hold throttle on at a stop sign.

fogging get a thin ski mask not a knit type just over the tip of your nose no fog.

I Ride in the White Mountains of NH never see much over 95 degrees in summer and that is rare, winter time -10 -20 is the norm