1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ600/FJ600 Custom Bike Build with Microsquirt

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Jonathan Calkins, Dec 8, 2015.

1. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

I was curious about that as well. Another member made an intake from PVC for his 2 carb setup (@Orange-n-Black maybe?) and it became soft and flexible due to exposure to gas vapors.

2. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Active Member

You are correct. I made my 4 into 2 carb intakes out of hot water PVC initially and they did deform due to fuel and heat from the motor in a short time. However, it did give me idea's of what design would work best for my setup.

3. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Active Member

I think it's awesome that so many have tried/are trying to get the right FI system on these bikes, but there's a easier way that will will solve the CV carb problem.
    Plug the YICS tube with a steel rod if you have the YICS head, get 4 appropriate sized Mikuni Round Slide Carbs, setup a choke system, the right throttle cable and throttle and your in business. You can do whatever exhaust mod or filter mod you want and cleaning/setup adjustment is a lot easier.