1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Xj750seca nose fairings

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by joejr2, Sep 30, 2017.

1. joejr2

joejr2 Active Member Premium Member

I'm searching ebay for a nose fairing for a "81" xj750 seca. I understand there are two types, the touring
    model and the sport model. One supposedly requires a mounting frame and the other mounts to the handlebars
    or forks or both. Which one is which ? If one is compact enough to mount on the bars or forks, thats the one I want. I know that if I find the one I'm looking for, It will probably be pretty beat up, understandable at 35+ years old. I know how to repair plastic and paint them and there is a company that still sells plexigass windshields for them. So guys, Which one is Which ?

2. Dadoseven

Dadoseven Active Member

The touring fairing is the larger one and mounts to brackets attached to the frame and is fixed; i.e. it does not move with the bars.

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

The touring fairing is also the one seen in Dadoseven's avatar.
    The Sport fairing isn't any smaller, it just doesn't have the lowers, and mounts to the frame instead of to the triple tree.
    Be sure to get the correct mounting brackets. They are often sold separately, and usually by a different person.

4. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Except it IS smaller

Sport fairing
    IMG_1666.jpg

Touring fairing (ignore the lowers.... but it's obvious that the touring fairing is still bigger even without the lowers--- heavier, too)
    IMG_1707.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017