1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Maxim 750 MAC 4 into 1 exhaust question

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Hack, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Hack

Hack Member

Today was my lucky day. I was making some inquiries about MAC exhausts for my '82 Maxim 750, and it turns out that one of the parts clerks had a used one. I say had because it is now in my garage. :D

It is going to need a coat of paint, but it should be just what the doctor ordered. Of course, it didn't come with any instructions or mounting straps. If anyone has a 4 into 1 MAC system on their 750 Maxim, can you share some details about mounting the muffler to the passenger peg plate? Does it mount right there or is there a strap to allow the muffler to hang lower? If there is a strap, what is the eye-to-eye distance for the bolt holes? If I can get the measurements, then I can make a strap and paint it when I paint the system.

Also, I guess I'll need to make up a strap with an 90 degree bend on the end to use as a kick stand "stop" as well.

Any insight or pictures of a MAC system on a Maxim 750 would be great.

2. Chorca

Chorca Member

I just put a black Mac 4-into-1 on the 750 Seca.

This is the one I purchased: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... kuId=44437

From the fitment listed on the site, it says it works with '82 and '83 Maxims.

The system at retail comes with two different length mounting plates (rectangular things with rounded ends)

You remove the old exhaust system's mounting bolts, use the passenger peg bolt to hold one end of the plate, and then bolt the other end of the plate to the tab on the new rear can.

They provide two different sizes of plate (I think depending on if you have a Seca or Maxim, though I'm not sure). I just installed one and I might still have the Maxim plate (the longer one, if that's indeed what it is)

I'll check today and see.. If I can find it I'll send it to ya.

(And yes, you will need the plate that mounts to the opposite side passenger peg, with a little bend at the end to prevent the center stand from smacking the pipe.)

3. Hack

Hack Member

Thanks, Chorca. Keep me posted if you find that bracket. I'll be busy for a bit with sandpaper and some flat black header paint.

Much appreciated.

4. Beanz

Beanz Member

You lucky dog! Out of curiosity, where did you get it?