1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New here

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Madmax-im, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

Hi folks new here but old to the XJ1100...Mine is an '82 XJ1100 maxim...I am the original owner too. Bought the last one in the store as a leftover model in the spring of '83...Paid $3600...I have owned alot of other bikes mostly Yamahas but this was the only one I ever bought new...Ofc this thread would be worthless without a pic...BTW I am on the XS11.com forum too under the same User ID...heres the pic...
    [​IMG]

2. FABFABINC

FABFABINC Member

Very nice bike! And welcome

3. marianadeeps

marianadeeps Member

Wow! that is freakn beautiful!

4. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

Thanks for the positive reinforcement...It actually looks even better since i had the engine repainted...lets see if i can find that pic... Ialso changed the exhaust but i am not really happy with it...it drags on right turns...
    [​IMG]

5. vintagerice

vintagerice Member

What a beauty... You have taken good care of her.

Rob

6. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

TYVM! Its been a love at first sight...total original miles are about 27k for a few yrs it languished in the garage with a bad xnsmission...It took nearly 3 yrs to get it back in running form...I had lots of help from the fellow XSives at XS11.com...wwithout them I would have sold the bike for parts...LOL As recent as the last pic was...I have since changed its look again...Like I said earlier Ihave owned other bikes...I owned a '95 HondaST1100...sold that and now i have a '01 Honda ST1100...so because i owned a real sport tor bike...I decided i wanted to turn the XJ into a tour bike as well...thus i added a windjammer fairing and a top box...I'll find a pic of that too...BRB

7. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

Ok this pic is how we stand currently...not quite as pretty as a naked bike but the weather protection makes it worth it to me...Like i said i've owned this since brand new...so you can guess I aint a youngin' anymore...so comfort is the name of the game... As he is now...BTW I call him Mad Max
    [​IMG]

8. marianadeeps

marianadeeps Member

Are those stock seats?

9. pathebert

pathebert Member

That is a nice bike. Welcome to the site

10. chuckles_no

chuckles_no Member

Very nice. Welcom to the site. Looks like you babied that bike. It's beautiful. Can I ride it? Haha

11. guystjames

guystjames Member

That is a beautiful example of a bike. I've always thought from a young age, if its worth buying and owning- it's worth looking after[as you obviously have] congrats

12. guystjames

guystjames Member

That is a beautiful example of a bike. I've always thought from a young age, if its worth buying and owning- it's worth looking after[as you obviously have] congrats

13. guystjames

guystjames Member

14. dfknoll

dfknoll Member

Im gonna bring my bike over to your place and you can take care of it for the rest of winter. lol. I just tell chacal to mail all those parts to you. Awesome bike

15. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

The 1st and 3rd pic have the stock seat...The 2nd pic is a 2nd seat that is stock but has been recovered. As for keeping it well...i really have had lots of help from the folks at XS11.com..but the bike has been garaged its whole life...I also owned an '81 XS1100...but you all wouldn't want to see a pic of that...since its not an XJ??? :wink:

16. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

TYVM...I have alot of pride in this...I'm not big on modifications unless they enhance overall funtion of the machine. I have kept it stock as much as possible because thats the way I prefer it. With bikes of our vintage..the cool factor when you roll up to someone on a more modern bike is to me off the charts. Even HD riders know what this is...well not all...LOL but i cant tell you how many times i have ridden with HD buddies and when we are parked somewhere...how my bike gets all the attention. On top of that is the fact that performance wise the XS and XJ1100 can still run with 90% of todays bikes. Not too shabby for 28 year old... 8)

17. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

TYVM...I have alot of pride in this...I'm not big on modifications unless they enhance overall funtion of the machine.
    I have kept it stock as much as possible because thats the way I prefer it. With bikes of our vintage.
    the cool factor when you roll up to someone on a more modern bike is to me off the charts.
    Even HD riders know what this is...well not all...
    LOL but i cant tell you how many times i have ridden
    with HD buddies and when we are parked somewhere
    ...how my bike gets all the attention.
    On top of that is the fact that performance wise
    the XS and XJ1100 can still run with 90% of todays bikes.
    Not too shabby for 28 year old... 8)

18. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

sorry for the repeat..but for some reason the post got cutoff. :?: