1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

help!! ignition wires

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by streetfighter89, Aug 28, 2010.

1. streetfighter89

streetfighter89 Member

there are 2 white with red wires running off the ignition, on my xj does anyone know where those are suppose to run too? need help thanks for any input guys

83xj750r seca

2. msherrow

msherrow New Member

I've got a factory manual for an 82 750 J that says those wires go to the kill switch.

3. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

battery monitor, if you don't use it keep the wires handy they're a isolated circuit you can use for whatever you need

4. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

The two white wires with red tracers are for the battery sensor to the system monitor. If you chrck at or near the battery you'll find one wire with a female bullet type connector. That one goes to the battery sensor. The other one goes into the headlight and is in one of the connectors going into your instrument cluster.

MN

5. streetfighter89

streetfighter89 Member

alright thanks guys that makes sense and since i no longer have a factr gauge cluster and just a single speedo that would explian why that one wire isdisconected.