1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1974 Hodaka 100cc Dirt Squirt

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by strat, Dec 8, 2012.

1. strat

strat Member

This bike has been sitting in my parent's shed for the better part of 25 years waiting to be resurrected.

25 years ago, the flywheel cracked while out on a trail ride and with limited parts availability at the time, the bike was parked.

fast forward to today where the internet has made parts availability much greater and I've found my latest project.

The bike is 100% complete (yes I even still have the cracked flywheel). Plans are to tear it down and completely go through the bike. I'll post updates as funds become available to purchase parts.

in the meantime, here are some pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ahrma69t

ahrma69t Member

Nice! My uncle had a super rat, that was my first time on a motorcycle at 3 years old, was hooked ever since.

3. irishman77

irishman77 New Member

My first dirt bike project was a wombat combat...thing was pretty quick. Those were the good ole days, people let you have old bikes lying around. Go pick them up and see if you could get running. I remember cutting up cracker boxes making gaskets lol

4. RangerG

RangerG Member

Sweet! I wanted one of those big time when I was 14. Had to settle for a Suzuki TC 100.

5. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

Love old dirt bikes. The new ones are so high in the air, you practically have to jump up to get on one. LOL (And it's not because I'm short, I'm 5'8" )

6. strat

strat Member

My dad used to race hodakas in enduro before going to husquvarna. he had a thunder dog. this is actually my mom's old bike. my parents had built an ace 100 for my grandfather years ago that eventually got parked due to float issues and lack of parts availability that was in pristine shape but it got passed off to a friend of the family that fixed it and sold it. (still pissed about that)

7. mtnbikecrazy55

mtnbikecrazy55 Active Member

Looks like a fun project!

8. Foolber

Foolber Member

Im restoring one of those right now for the dean of the college of dentistry here in Lincoln, Ne. Its a 77 125 wombat, hodaka has weird names for their bikes lol. his son last road it 7 years ago and buried it in a river (literally) there was water in the crankcase, along with some sand :)