1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4ever parts & service

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by wrenchmaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

Len & XJ4ever,

Received order yesterday. As usual, excellent service and shipment. Thanks.

Gary

2. Kilted_to_the_Max(im)

Kilted_to_the_Max(im) Member

So, I have a few minor projects for the bike this winter. I PM Len (Chacal) with what I'm planning to do and what I think I need. We adjust the order to make sure I have everything, and Len does something both rare and commendable: he tries to talk me out of buying new brake lines because I'm thinking about going to dual disc fronts next year. Basically, he wanted to save me money and get less himself.

Who does THAT?!?

Thanks Len, all the help is appreciated. Now if you want to come up to Duluth and put the stuff on...oh, that's too much to ask! ^_^

3. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Thanks guys for the feedback and the business!

4. BruceB

BruceB Active Member

XJ4Ever is a great seller. Fast shipping, great prices and great people. I feel so fortunate to have found not only the forum, but a place that you can order parts from with confidence. I know with out either, this project would of been damned from the beginning. Thanks to all!!

5. poncho1971

poncho1971 New Member

Awesome customer service!! He helped me solve a major issue with my dual front brake swap, through his wealth of knowledge! And set me up with the remainder of the parts I needed to finish the job. I was so satisfied, I ordered something else this morning! Way to go chacal!

6. Ross1

Ross1 Member

I smelled a snow melt coming. Put together a list Saturday and sent it for a price update. Did the Paypal thing Sunday, shipped Monday. Got my slip telling me to come on down to the post office Thursday. I still say he should run Amazon's order fulfillment dept. I spent hours last summer trying to keep a seized-up clutch cable going. Just shows how STUPID I can be!!
    XJ4ever forever

7. ERRKON

ERRKON Member

Got my order in 3 days!! Thanks, I will send all my XJ needs your way!!

8. RangerG

RangerG Member

Received the caliper and MC rebuild kits today. Just in time for the first day of spring. Another winter storm warning for tomorrow and we have about 4' of snow to melt :cry: Hope to see the bikes some time in May.
    Also found a new kill switch decal taped to my receipt. Not sure if it was put there by mistake or on purpose? I'd guess Len stuck in for a repeat customer. Thanks Len!
    One of my biggest fears is that one day Len is going to close shop. Hope it's not for many more years. My son is taking over the Seca this year and I'd like to see the bike running for many more seasons.

Rob

9. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

Shipped Friday - in the mailbox Monday !! Thanks Len !!
    . . . If I could only fix the bike that fast . . .

10. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got some of those too...

Attached Files:

11. 1980Yamaha003

1980Yamaha003 New Member

Fantastic service. Order was filled the same day I placed it and the parts were here on the third day. Also got some information in the package to help make sure my project gets completed with no problems. I like it!

12. Drœk

Drœk New Member

:D Delurking for XJ4ever

I sent a quote request late Sunday night, figuring I could check in on Monday.

Len (Chacal) sent me the quote before I had a chance to log out! So I sent in my order, and he acknowledged it ... well after midnight!

Parts shipped out of Atlanta first thing Monday AM and got to me in Chicago on Wednesday.

Incredible service!

13. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Thanks guys for the feedback! You've been keeping us really busy, and we appreciate it. Hopefully the snow will quit one of these days (weeks, months.....) and we can all actually go riding again...... :D

14. skippy344

skippy344 Member

Got my order, today, Saturday! FAST shipping to Texas! 3 days!!

Now I can get my bike, on the road BEFORE Monday!!

Chacal ROCKS, AGIN!!!

15. aejohnson

aejohnson New Member

A few weeks ago, I ordered Len's oil filter spin-on kit as well as new rubber seals for my tach gear drive, to solve leaks I was having from both places after I was in an accident.

I had never worked on a car, let alone my first motorcycle before, so I didn't have many tools, but the instructions were spot-on, no grey areas to get confused with. The union bolt part of the filtration system gave me a few hours of frustration because my wrench wasn't large enough—of course Len had warned of that in his instructions.

In the end, I have the best oil filtration system I could get, and no leaks. Very pleased with that.

I'm now in the process of ordering a new starter button, along with parts for replacing my speedo cable, and I predict being, once again, a very happy customer when that arrives.

Len's business is one of the most aptly named I've ever come across. XJ4EVER, indeed.

16. cds1984

cds1984 Active Member

Received my new tail light lens and gaskets without a hitch!
    Great stuff Len! Thanks again for matching the lens up properly :)

17. RookieRider

RookieRider Member

Oddly enough I never bought anything from Len.
    But I SOLD him something...How weird is that?!?

Anyway, his quick and curteous responses thruout the entire transaction was reassuring... Coming from someone who is wary of internet shopping...

I see why everyone here loves doing business with him....

18. GrooveJunkie

GrooveJunkie Member

Mucho Thanks, Len.

I didn't think I'd be able to find that "standing handle" anywhere. Your "decent condition used" left-side unit was in better condition than my right-side match. Excellent follow-up communication and super-fast on the shipping.

You can bet that I'll be contacting you in regards to a spin-on filter upgrade, with a likely oil-cooler addition, in the near future.

19. wazimoto

wazimoto Member

Just got my third order from Len today, and the feedback for all three orders from original pm to the arrival of the goods has been %100000 top notch 8)

The shipping has always been quick, but this time I wanted it to be really quick so I opted for the faster shipping and it was really quick!!

I wouldn't hesitate to ask him for any of your parts needs for these xj's, he is super knowledgeable and will help point you to what you do and do not need.

20. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Len,Thanks for the quick shipment of otherwise unobtanium parts and info on the parts for the next order! Well done, Thanks,
    John