1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

This is neat! No more sun glasses!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ryancdossey, May 4, 2013.

1. ryancdossey

ryancdossey Member

Thats what i thought pretty cool. Didnt mean to get so much heat hahahaha.

I emailed them and MSRP is $150.00 it should sell for less.

2. BluesBass

BluesBass Member

I have an HJC IS-16.

I picked it up at my dealership. They offer a few different inner visors IIRC, two smoked, an amber one and I think there may have been a fourth one as well. The outer shield is compatible with the CL-16 helmets by HJC (my old helmet) and is also available in smoked or clear.

The helmet is great - the inner liner is completely removable for washing and treated with an anti-bacterial treatment.

It comes standard with the breath deflector which works great when you are moving but in humid or very cold weather standing still it does a terrific job of fogging up the interior visor when it is down. Once you get moving it clears up quick.

There is a ton of ventilation too, and a lower insert that blocks off cold air from getting at your chin in winter months (I use it year-round). I was able to mount my Sena SMH10 headset to it easily, though it does not come specifically designed for headset integration. IE: the speakers are just velcroed in by my ears to the liner fabric.

3. Kilted_to_the_Max(im)

Kilted_to_the_Max(im) Member

Nice. I did look at that one but the HJC don't fit my head real well. SparX does, so I guess I get away a bit cheaper. I like that it fits the headset tho, and will try it again if I decide to get one. I know my current helmet won't, but it's hard for me to justify buying a new one until the 5 year (or one fall) timeframe hits.

4. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

I got this one http://www.vegahelmet.com/summit3.0.html Because I wear a size 8 hat and it's the only one that fit. Can't complain about the helmet. The visor works as it should. Good fit and lower noise than my last helmet. The price was a bit high at $250 if I remember right.