1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 650 pipes and mufflers

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by scrubby, May 6, 2013.

1. scrubby

scrubby Member

I am looking for dual muffler set up for a 82 maxim 650. I have a kerker? 4 in to one manifold comming back from head going in to a single right side mounted muffler want somthing simalar to whats on my 85 700 maxim for pipes and mufflers any one know of a easy fit change over to ? will 700 pipes fit this one ?

2. scrubby

scrubby Member

700 85 style seat also for a 82 650 thanks

3. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

The 85/86 700 seats will not fit the 80-83 650's unless you do a serious amount of work. The frame designs are completely different.

The exhausts are different, too. The earlier maxims had a single crossover jointed pipe while the 85/86 had a large collector box underneath the whole engine. the angles at which the mufflers exit and extend along the sides of the bike are different, as well.

Dave F

4. BluesBass

BluesBass Member

I've got a MAC 4 into 2 system in chrome with tapered mufflers if you are interested in it. It is made for the 650's and was on my bike for all of one season. PM me for more information.

5. crewwolfy

crewwolfy Member

Picking up an OEM exhaust as part of a lot buy this weekend. I'd be interested in a straight trade for the 4-1, depending on the condition. PM some pictures, if you could.