1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ- XS parts compatibility

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by sethoneal7, Nov 17, 2014.

1. sethoneal7

sethoneal7 Member

I just bought an Xs750 tank on ebay. It doesn't come with a pet cock. I was wondering if the 82 XJ petcock would line up and mout to the 750's tank.

2. sethoneal7

sethoneal7 Member

Before I went ahead and ordered the xs 750 petcock. Tight budget right now.

3. Quixote

Quixote Active Member

I seem to recall that the XS750 tank has 2 petcocks - one on the left and one on the right. It needs 2 because of the way the tank hangs over the frame.

4. RonWagner

RonWagner Member

I have an 850 and it has two petcocks.

FWIT I like the power/torque curve and sound of the three cylinder. I put a Vetter package on it and use it as my highway bike. I also added a riser changed the handle bars to something that gave a straight across palms down position. It made handling a lot easier and much more comfortable for the wrists.

5. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

6. sethoneal7

sethoneal7 Member

79, the cafe looking one, I just ordered to petcocks, no biggy. doing this transformation on this bike. The "new" tank should be here soon. I'm going to repaint it with rhino liner, gasoline doesn't really mess it up. and it looks sweet. Got the club man handle bars on it and the end handle mirrors. The gauges are matte black. Ebay has the cafe style leather seat for 110 $. Gonna rejet the carbs, keep the stock airbox on. Also, looking for a spoked wheel for the front. Very excited to see what it is in the spring.

7. alexs

alexs New Member

This might be a long shot since this thread was last updated 7 months ago... but
    Are there any pics of how you fitted the XS tank on your XJ? I'd love to see that.