1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Access to a yard full of XJ Parts

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by jbernc, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Since you asked him first, lets see if he finds anything for you.... If he does not, then send a conversation to me.

Dave Fox

2. auburnxj

auburnxj New Member

jbernc, you are a lucky fellow for being near a place like that and I thank you for sharing! If you happen to spot a decent seat(2 pieces) to an 85-86 Maxim 700(N or X) please get back to me. The duct tape on my project bike doesn't look too pretty :(

Attached Files:

3. Briand212

Briand212 New Member

jbernc,, first thank you for helping everyone.. I just picked up an 82 xj750 seca project. can you check for a good gas tank complete ? the bike is 5G2-100198
    any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance .. Brian

4. Old_Ironsights

Old_Ironsights Member

That is very cool.

k-moe just suggested that I find a 750 Maxim fuel tank for my 650 'cause it's about a gallon bigger - and I live out where an extra 40mi/fill is pretty important...

Could you check on that?

5. Old_Ironsights

Old_Ironsights Member

Hold that thought... I located one. We'll see if its any good...

6. CM_X5

CM_X5 New Member

Next time you're around there could you check for a carburetor diaphragm/slide that isn't torn? I've been having a hell of a time trying to find one for a reasonable price (or even just finding that part in stock)

7. krazebill

krazebill New Member

You are a special kind of person to offer such great help! I am in search of exhaust for a Maxim X 700. Mine is a 1986 X but I assume the '85 fits as well. I also believe the exhaust from the 750 Maxim X is a fit, but very rare in USA. The entire exhaust or just the mufflers, whatever you might find!

8. Onetrackstu

Onetrackstu Member

If you are in the yard this week am in the market for tci unit for an xj550
    [​IMG]

9. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Onetrack..... If he doesn't come across one, contact me. I may have a couple extras

10. mbrulla

mbrulla New Member

Dave...let's be honest, here. What don't you have? Lol.

11. krazebill

krazebill New Member

Hey Hogfiddles, with all those bikes surely you have some mufflers for my MAXIM-X, hoping.

12. ScrapYardHero

ScrapYardHero New Member

Hey ya. Yeah I typically wouldn't want to step on any toes but, this is like the best scrap yard in pheonix for imports. It's also struggling at the moment. I definately wont take away from the headhunting aspect you have here because as far as internet stuffs they don't do alot which is a shame. It's bobs used motorcycle parts Please Please Please give them all the business you can. I've dealt with these guys for about 10 years for all my CB projects and they're really good people. They're talking about liquidating assets and shutting down if business doesn't pick up... hate to see this gold mine go away.

13. MaximMax

MaximMax Member

Me too. I'd love to give them money! I'm looking for mufflers and possibly the crossover for 82 Maxim 750J. Also the battery sensor for the same bike. I'll pay you a few dollars for your time and trouble too. Thanks!

14. roadrider58

roadrider58 New Member

jbernc, Like has been stated before, it is great you are both assisting other bike owners that need parts and also promoting the salvage yard. The internet opens doors to buying and trading that helps anybody that rides older anything, bikes, cars, boats, etc. Okay, my request, looking for a complete 4 into 1 exhaust that will fit a 1982 750 Maxim. A black 4 pipe and chrome muffler would be great but all chrome if its not damaged and rusted out. IF you ask the yard or locate it yourself, please send me a message roadrider57atyahoo.com Thanks

15. krazebill

krazebill New Member

Never mind, found a pair in Pa.

16. krazebill

krazebill New Member

Have you had any luck finding a seat? I am looking for a seat pan for a '86 Maxim X 700.

17. auburnxj

auburnxj New Member

No luck yet krazebill, still rockin' the blk duct tape lol. On the day I come across a good fully intact seat you can have the seat pan I'm riding on now ☺️

18. mark1911

mark1911 Member

hi jacob

if u manage to come across a front mudguard/fender for a 1989 xj600 pre diversion in white. tell me the price and i will forward it to u. thanks mark

19. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp New Member

Jacob,

Thank you for your offer, it may help many folks on this site. Any chance you could see if there is an exhaust collector for an 85 maxim? I went to wrap my pipes today and when trying to get one of them out the brittle collector just cracked. Anyway, thanks if you can!

20. MaximMax

MaximMax Member

LOL at all of us!

OP hasn't posted on this thread since FEBRUARY 5th, I make that 4 months now . . . all of us dumbasses still forlornly posting requests like Cinderalla's stepsisters pining for a date . . . I'm guessing we AIN'T gonna hear no more from this guy, so . . . stop posting maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.