1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Matti will be otay... eventually.

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by MattiThundrrr, Jun 10, 2018.

1. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

Man. Sorry to hear about the spill and I’m sure glad it wasn’t worse. Get better first, at least off the pills, and then make your decisions.

2. x1050er

x1050er New Member

You could always do what I did... Spyder for riding and an xj for playing!! Bad leg from a bike wreck. I've gotten to the point of really being able whip the Spyder around corners.....

Jetfixer likes this.
  3. Xjrider92117

Xjrider92117 Active Member

Hope for a speedy recovery!

4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Dilaudid (hydromorphone), not oxy. Same shirt, different laundry pile. Nightmares and constipation. Also, how is it possible to have both drowsiness and insomnia as side effects?

Jetfixer likes this.
  5. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

Just be careful Matti. As I'm sure you know that stuff is basically pharmaceutical heroin and super easy to get addicted to. I wish you the best on your recovery and being able to put those pills aside for good.

6. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

their small, take two

7. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

thats one of the drugs The drs gave me in the hospital. hallucinations where unbareable

8. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

It's just they way it is. Opioid receptors do different things when excited by slightly differently shaped molecules, and that can vary quite a lot from person to person.
    Kratom is one of the more interesting medications that way. Most of the benefits of opioids, but without the pesky problem of making you fail to breathe. It acts on the same receptors.

I have found that the insomnia and nightmares are lessened if I time taking those type of meds (when I need them) so that I'm about halfway to the next dose by the time I should be falling into REM sleep. Like you I try to avoid use during the day if possible, and by having it beginning to wear off while I'm in a deep sleep the side effects tend to be not nearly as bad for me. Keep in mind that I'm not you, and I tend to stil be rummy for several hours (sometimes half a day) after I would be due for the next dose.

9. Kickaha

Kickaha Active Member Premium Member

Lol, I''ve just been through that 5 weeks ago, 4 days in induced coma and 10 in Intensive care, telling people about stuff that wasn't even real, my strategy with the pain meds (oxy)once I was home was to cut them out during the day and only take them about 30-60 minutes before bed, once the pain got the point I could manage it I cut them out before bed as well, first few nights were a little uncomfortable until I adjusted but I sleep right through now

I found oxy had little effect on the main pain sources but cleaned up all the little peripheral pain and relaxed me a bit more, it worked better when in combination with paracetamol, Ibuprofen and Gabapentin that they gave me

How do the disability payments work? here we have Accident compensation where we get paid 80% of our previous 12 months wages by the Goverment, this is for any accident even just tripping over and breaking something and a public health system where all the treatment (and my Helicopter ride) are free of charge

Good luck with the recovery Matti I hope you get back to 100%

Jetfixer likes this.
  10. XJ550H

my helicopter ride cost my insurance company 18 grand
    oxy made it so I did not care about the pain. 21 days in hospital. killed a moose with my face

Jetfixer likes this.
  11. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

XJ550H= Chuck Norris level

SpearChucker and jayrodoh like this.
  12. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Either that, or REALLY ugly!
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

The pills are also giving me rage issues. Combined with nightmares I have been having, I am frightened by sleep. The other night, I woke up screaming because I thought my 2 year old son was trying to kill me. We are shipping him off to Grandma's house.

13. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Call your doctor. There may be a better choice of painkiller for you.

jayrodoh and cgutz like this.
  14. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Ditto on that call man, many choices to help.

15. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member

Sorry that I'm late to this post Matti and I do hope that you heal well however long the recovery takes. One thing that I'm doing right now for chronic pain issues is to keep a journal of when I take the meds and how I'm feeling at the time and how I've felt since the last dose. I understand that the meds can affect your perceptions of your surroundings especially with the rage and so on. The journal is also a great way to track what you have been doing, moods, sleep patterns etc. The worst part of follow up visits is when the MD asks how you've been doing, like most people the automatic answer is "I guess I'm OK", so the MD keeps prescribing the same stuff. So take the journal in and show him/her what has been happening and they will get a clear picture of how your recovery is going. Even if you don't keep it fully up to date you still have a record of what has been going on. I sometimes miss writing down parts of the day and find it difficult to remember when I took the meds and how I felt, other times I have a clear head and can fill in the blanks. I know this is a bit long winded as replies go, but I thought sharing my experiences as others have too may help you get to the other side and come out on top, handling everyday life and most of all keeping your family together through the hard times. It may seem a long way off, but things will get better. Money may be tight and bills and debts may mount up (been there, done that) but a few years from now you and your family can look back and say that this was a bad time but we came through it together. For now just put all your energy into getting better, once that has been achieved then healing all the other stuff, bills, debts, emotions etc. can begin.
    I wish you and your family well and know that everything will resolve itself with time and work.

Minimutly and Kickaha like this.
  16. XJ550H

I had the same type delusions

17. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

^^^^ that. Really.

I heard that medicinal grade marijuana can help with resting/ recovery. Just sayin’... o_O

Tramadol is a decent non-opioid pain reliever - not sure if it is strong enough for what you are feeling.

18. Kickaha

Kickaha Active Member Premium Member

Works better for me than anything else I have taken although it's considered a step down from oxy

19. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Been testing the product for decades. Trials are ongoing. I'll notify you when I find a strain that I don't like.

SpearChucker and Stumplifter like this.
  20. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

ain't nothing worse than getting beat to death with a teddy bear :)

chacal likes this.