1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Vintage Yamaha Rally 2018

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by JetmechMarty, Nov 4, 2017.

1. JetmechMarty

JetmechMarty Active Member

The resort is going to sell out early. If you'd like a room or a bed in September, the time to reserve is now. Do that by contacting the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge at www.ironhorsenc.com or 828-479-3864, Mon-Fri 9A to 2P (winter hours).

www.vintageyamaharally.com

[​IMG]

2. JetmechMarty

FIVE WEEK ROOM RESERVATION COUNTDOWN

Just a reminder, if you plan on attending the XSSE Vintage Yamaha Rally in September (9/28 to 10/1) and want a bed, make sure to call the Iron Horse and book a cabin or bunkhouse. After March 15, it might be too late. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

www.vintageyamaharally.com

Our Rally planning team (Mike, Mike, Paul, Kurt, Nancy, Brent, Marty, Peter and Jeff) is conferring Monthly (actually every two weeks at this point) to plan and organize a fun Rally for 2018.

Two things we wanted to advise are:
    > Book with Iron Horse by March 15th or after that it is highly likely that all that will be available is dirt to pitch a tent. Tent spot is great if you want to camp but if you prefer a bed, book by Mar 15th. As always, if your plans change you can cancel your reservation up till July 20th.
    > Also RSVP on the vintageyamaharally.com web page so we can get a headcount

Having an accurate headcount via RSVP will be extremely helpful as the Rally Planning Team continues to prepare for the Rally. If you are staying at the Tuskeegee or some other location and participating in the Rally please RSVP on the Rally web page since we need a total count of attendees. If you are camping, RSVP. That would help us out a bunch ......... Please RSVP if you haven't

If you've been to XSSE before you know the drill [​IMG]
    If you've never been and are thinking about it, Welcome, it is a fun time [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Jeff and Mike, Mike, Paul, Kurt, Nancy, Brent, Marty, Peter

3. JetmechMarty

duplicate

4. JetmechMarty

Just a quick update on the Iron Horse room reservations. Our exclusive reservations block ends March 15. After March 15th the Iron Horse will begin taking reservations for any remaining available accommodations from the non-vintage Yamaha general public.

Even if you are planning to stay in the Bunkhouse or Camp you should get with the I-H before March 15 to reserve and ensure you have a spot.

fyi:
    Cabins are Sold Out
    RV parking is Sold Out

What is still available as of Feb 23 is:
    7 Bunkhouse Beds $30 a night
    4 campsites with electric $25 a night +$5 each for extra people
    15+ campsites $20 a night + $5 each for extra people

Also available are three of the Efficiencies. So get a buddy and split the cost. They are $300 a night. Each are setup differently with sleeper sofa and roll away so you'd need to ask about which efficiency would meet your needs.
    Homestead 2
    Lonestar I
    Lonestar II

Hawg 1, 2, 3 is Not available on Friday night Sept 28 but Is available Sat night Sept 29 and Sun Sept 30. So if you are interested in Sat & Sun nights then call I-H to get more info on the Hawg room / efficiencies.

Rally dates Friday Sept 28th to Monday October 1st
    Iron Horse motorcycle lodge Stecoah NC
    www.ironhorsenc.com

or if you'd like to be offsite you can also check with Tuskeegee Motel for availability
    www.tuskeegeemotel.com

So if you are at all interested in maybe / possibly / might be attending then be safe and reserve something now. You can cancel in July at no cost if your plans change.

Thanks,
    the VYR planning team

5. cruiserlover

cruiserlover Active Member

that is so awesome.I hope I can go.It looks amazing.

6. kboehringer

kboehringer Active Member

Cruiserlover,
    If you really want to go, you should make a reservation now. There are not many lodging spaces remaining, just a couple of rooms, maybe 1/2 dozen bunk house spots. There is likely a handful of camping sites if you're interested in putting up a tent. You can reserve now at no cost. The fee for your first night will not be charged to your Credit Card for 60 days before the event.

We're expecting a heck of a turn out this year with an even greater diversity of machines than ever before! Two or three SECA 650 owners from the Facebook Club have indicated they will be there too.

Fyi...... There are always a couple guys from Texas so maybe we can hook you up with one of them and you can ride or trailer together!!! Let me know!

Sincerely,
    Kurt

7. Madmax-im

Madmax-im Member

Looking forward to being there and seeing you Marty..and the rest of the gang,,Got my mountainside cabin reservation....I have an extra bed...if anyone is looking to split costs..PM me

8. JetmechMarty

Time is up. The resort is open to all on our weekend. Here's what's left.

6 bunkhouse beds, 4 electric tent sites and plenty of primitive camping.

Get it before the chrome crowd does!

chacal likes this.
  9. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

Thinking of bringing the XJ750.....if it makes it back from NY> Texas>NY !!!..(which is SHOULD, easily, me...not so much!!)

10. JetmechMarty

You can do it! Just allow plenty of time.

kerriskandiesinc likes this.
  11. kboehringer

“All Motorcyclists and their passengers are operating their vehicles at their own risk. All attendees are expected to operate legally registered motorcycles with insurance coverages in force. All of those participating in rides or other functions during this weekend rally do so at their own risk”.

Kurt

12. JetmechMarty

VJMC has pulled their support from our rally. No explanation was given. Apparently, they don't like our rules, which are show up, ride bikes, and have fun. No detrimental effect is expected from their departure.

13. JetmechMarty

The VJMC site had a glitch. We're still on the calendar. The VJMC will host a bike show at VYR. I sincerely apologize for the previous post.

14. JetmechMarty

The organizing group for the Vintage Yamaha Rally have set the design of the 2018 Rally Shirt!
    We are accepting orders immediately.

[​IMG]

The color of this drawing/art does not exactly depict the color of the shirt, it will be BLUE.

Payment by PayPal to: VYRShirtOrder@gmail.com
    SS $15 – XXL add $2
    LS $20 – XXL add $2
    Shipping $8 -Will be mailed within 2 weeks following the event.
    (If ordering more than one shirt to be shipped please send an e-mail requesting a quote for shipping cost)

Include your full name, and shirt size in your order.

Shirt Ordering Deadline: August 31st

RALLY TEE SHIRTS ARE PRE-SALE ONLY......

This info will appear on http://vintageyamaharally.com

15. JetmechMarty

Our site is updated to sell our shirts!

The tee shirt sale is on. Go to http://vintageyamaharally.com Click "shop". If you're coming to the rally, there is a dropdown for shipping. Make the pick up at rally selection. Pre-sale only. No shirts for sale at the rally. If you want your shirt shipped, pay the shipping and it will be mailed in October. August 31 is the last day to order. Thanks

Sending the email is also acceptable.
    [​IMG]
    This is how we'll spell it!

16. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Ordered my shirt,
    Looking forward to riding mountain roads .

17. JetmechMarty

Plenty of camping spots remain. The rooms on site are sold out. The motel a few miles up the road is sold out. Some of the remaining tent sites have electricity. This is going to be a great rally. Dig that old camping gear out now. Make sure nothing leaks. You don't want to miss this one!
    Vintage Yamaha Logo.jpg

18. kboehringer

[​IMG] Yamaha Represented at Rally

XJ Bikes Friends,

Those that have attended the rally the last couple of years are aware that Yamaha has been donating some misc. goodies to our event.

Last year, Yamaha provided quite a good selection of small items; ~100 black Yamaha T-Shirts, kickstand pucks, key rings, lanyards, etc. etc. Everyone was happy to get some of these little goodie bag stuffers and it was nice that Yamaha's regional executives showed their appreciation.

This year, I've had some difficulty reaching the Executive I had been working with for the last several years. It would seem that when I changed jobs all of my digital correspondence was being sent to a "Quarantine" folder as it was a new and unfamiliar e-mail for my contact. He never received any of my letters or requests.

FINALLY! I've was able to reach the Yamaha Executive via phone and speak to him about our rally!!! I'm reluctant to quote our full conversation until all the details are finalized but I will say that Yamaha will absolutely be represented at the rally. YAMAHA does appreciate our brand loyalty and we are the "PERFECT TARGET AUDIENCE" for some of their newest products and machines.

The details of Yamaha's involvement will be finalized within the next couple weeks and I will post as soon as they are. This is going to be TOO COOL!

Sincerely,
    Kurt

kosel, JetmechMarty and MattiThundrrr like this.
  19. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Very cool.

20. Tim O

Tim O Active Member

Ooooo... like maybe special discounts on a Tracer GT 900?