1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New member here............

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by DragonRider, Jul 16, 2018.

1. DragonRider

DragonRider New Member

Joined a while back after I acquired a 1981 XJ650 from a friend. The bike had been sitting in his garage for 20 years and hadn't seen the light of day for that long. After doing some minor dismantling and replacing a few parts, like the throttle cable, air filter, and battery, I rebuilt the carbs, flushed front brake and refurbished it to working condition and it ran like a top. It only has a little over 21,xxx miles on it. Once I made sure it ran I proceeded to do a basic cleanup getting 20 years of dirt and grime it had accumulated. I was left with this little gem. I have decided to keep it for now instead of selling it and really don't know how much it would bring right now. So here are a few pics of it. The only distraction is the tank, the paint has spider webbing in it under the clear coat.

Attached Files:

2. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Hey @DragonRider nice bike and all original by the looks of it.
    If you don’t keep it she will bring good $. IMHO a good starting price .. $1700.
    But she’s a keeper, in that condition they are getting very hard to find.

3. DragonRider

DragonRider New Member

Thanks
    Totally original, it had a windscreen and sissy bar and luggage rack on it when I got it. Didn't like the screen or the sissy-bar, will likely put the rack back on it.

4. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

If you plan to ride it at all, is recommend getting some new tires. The Bridgestone Spitfires are still available with the solid white lettering...just saying

5. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Nice bike ...keep it that way please they are getting hard to find in stock condition and chitwood is spot on replace tires, and brake hoses ..safety first.