1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 xj 750 seca anti dive actuator

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by xj gray am I, Nov 14, 2018.

1. xj gray am I

xj gray am I New Member

reading my Haynes manual it tells me to remove the two screws from the anti dive actuators. what it doesn't say is do I have to worry about brake fluid leaking out or are these sealed

2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Removing the anti-dive units from the fork legs will not dump your brake fluid but it will dump the fork oil out. The brake fluid is contained until you take the hoses from the brake calipers loose, then you can have both fluids on the garage floor.
    John

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

4. S10gto

S10gto Member

If you pull just the two top screws you won't lose brake or suspension fluid.

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Correct. Makes it easy to work on the forks without having to bleed the brakes after.

6. xj gray am I

xj gray am I New Member

thanks guys didn't know if I need a bucket under the anti dive actuators when I undid them, now forks are out and going to my mechanic for straightening , rh fork has a bend just under the bottom yoke.
    my bike is a 5n1 1982 built xj 750 ,I know this bike has been in an accident before mine because it has two different fork tubes ,one with a black plastic cap covering a push in plug with a wire retaining clip (the correct one?) and the other a screw in plug with a hex key drive for removal, was this style from an earlier model?

k-moe likes this.