1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

K&all supply gasket

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Neil Abbott, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Neil Abbott

Neil Abbott New Member

Has anyone had any experience with gasket kits from K&L supply? My local dealership has a full gasket set (p/n 16-6244) that they are willing to let go of for cheep. Are there any gaskets that are miscut or o-rings that are improperly sized?

2. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Used them on several different bikes , worked okay but on my Virago they came with jets too but for 82 to 84 they were wrong size 122 when in reality front was a 124 and rear 132 was what was required. 122 was 85 and up so that was only issue. Gaskets and seat and needle were fine though , just look at all the parts carefully before reassmbly.

3. Neil Abbott

Neil Abbott New Member

Has your experience just been with the carb kits? The kit I have access to is the full top/lower end kit.

4. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

I learned a long time ago to trust Xj4ever for parts. Other suppliers seem to be a "crap shoot" as to whether the part is correct.

5. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

I don't have any experience with specific set, but issues I have ran into in the past were the head gasket and other specialty gaskets. The thin other paperish gaskets for side covers, O-rings, and whatnot were fine. If it's cheap I'd say buy it. On my XJ650 I ended up with a mix of OEM head/cam tunnel and valve cover gaskets and aftermarket everything else.

6. Colin 85 700

Colin 85 700 Active Member

I teied to get a cheap valve cover gasket and it may as well been plastic, not rubber. Got one from xjforever and it was mint :)