1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Barn find Seca 750

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Richard Elbon, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Richard Elbon

Richard Elbon Active Member

Heres an update on the” out of the horse barn” 82 Seca 750 I found in Oregon. Doing a lot of cleaning and general rehab work. Small repainting of some black parts,fluid changes done,going to fire it for the first time in couple of decades later today.Total spent so far,$800

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  2. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

I suggest you do some research here on steps to restoration and start to spend money on safety (tires, brakes), mechanical operations (valve clearances, carbs, etc) and then cosmetics.

Enjoy!

3. Richard Elbon

4B44B7A3-8A02-4B29-9F59-CEAFB794C24C.jpeg [ATTA BDE10656-5CC5-4C2A-9036-5A0FA601FD3B.jpeg 61B7D970-EE1A-4364-9CC9-790C7E481DDC.jpeg BDE10656-5CC5-4C2A-9036-5A0FA601FD3B.jpeg 4B44B7A3-8A02-4B29-9F59-CEAFB794C24C.jpeg CH=full]33377[/ATTACH] 61B7D970-EE1A-4364-9CC9-790C7E481DDC.jpeg

Dadoseven, Tim O and Franz like this.
  4. Richard Elbon

General rehab means just that. All fluids have been refilled,when it was parked in the late 80s everything was drained except brake fluid. I took all that apart,cleaned,new seals new EBC pads,shoes,tires were new in 2017,valves were set a month ago,new valve cover gasket, been doing this stuff a long time so I’m pretty familiar with what needs to be done.

5. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

Very nice looking bike, and sounds like you are on top of it.

6. Tim O

Tim O Active Member

That's my exact bike and it looks very nice :)
    Most people here will tell you to replace the rubber brake lines. I was fortunate that the PO had already done it when I bought mine.

A side comment about the model in general... does it bother anyone else the amount of gap between the seat and the side panel? I thought mine was excessive but I see this one is exactly the same. Just seems to me they should fit together better and it bugs me.

7. Richard Elbon

Not till I looked at it in the pictures. However looking at the hinge/latch situation there’s no way to tighten that gap. However you can tape the tank off and shoot it flat black to make it “disappear “. I thought about the brake lines but mine are still pliable and in great condition. I’ll look at them as I move forward.

k-moe likes this.
  8. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

I don't mind the gap at all. I can't see it at all when my butt is on the seat :)

I think it's probably there on purpose, since the rubber seat mounts compress when you get on the bike.

Richard, the real concern about the brake lines is the condition of the liner. Yours may be OK since the bike was drained of all fluids before storage. Just keep an eye out for little flecks of rubber when you bleed the brakes (though they don't always show up at the bleeder).

9. Richard Elbon

Will do. I’ll run it all through a paint strainer.

k-moe likes this.