1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Another Saddlebag Question....

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by ads1987, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ads1987

ads1987 New Member

1982 XJ750 Maxim, I just picked up a set of used throwover River Road saddlebags that just fit. Threw them over, and of course they sit on the shock and fall in towards the rear wheel. I ordered a set of universal saddlebag supports from Fleabay, and was just looking into where others have their supports mounted, and if anyone would be willing to share photos of said supports mounted to their bikes. Thanks in advance!

GerbHerb likes this.
  2. Vinjap4fun

Vinjap4fun New Member

81 xj750 seca with hard bags, on the bike when I got it, but looks easy enough.... IMG_20181230_223850560.jpg IMG_20181221_191448381.jpg IMG_20181125_104217_194.jpg

3. Bolakor

Bolakor New Member

Another guy with Ammo box saddlebags and underglow! Only difference is mine has a green lighting system the previous owner ghetto rigged on there, and because the switch isn't waterproof they never turn off. Needless to say they'll be getting replaced further down the line with either red or white LEDs. Are your boxes also held in place with size 12 duralast sockets for spacers?

4. Vinjap4fun

Vinjap4fun New Member

No, no 12mm sockets for spacers.not a bad spot to keep that pesky 12 mm socket, always keeps running and hiding in a corner whenever I need it! The PO made some bracket with a threaded stud welded on it. Put a couple holes in the box, stud through hole, nut on stud game over....

5. Bolakor

Bolakor New Member

At least your bikes PO didnt mount the boxes to the fender nice and secure with bolts, nuts, and 12mm sockets and then decide "Oh imma weld me a bracket to the front and back so I can't ever take them off". And throw a crappy rattlecan flat black paintjob onto it

DarbyC likes this.