1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

E-bay rant

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Simmy, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

last night I was surfing for some XJ parts and found something of interest.
    There was a "buy it now" option and a "make an offer" option.
    When I tried to make an offer, the shipping charge increased > 30%, making the total purchase actually more than the buy it now option. I clicked the buy it now option and the shipping stayed as stated in the item description. What a scam.

2. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Nice ... only bought a couple of items that the shipping seemed a little off...but so far most of the sellers have been real good . I ordered a Morgan Color tune plug from a seller in New Orleans ...did not receive it , and tracking showed it was still there. Contacted Seller he express shipped another one ,thought that was first rate ...and 5 days later the first one I ordered showed up ... I'm honest so contacted him he sent me a shipping box and I sent it back to him.

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Some sellers look to take advantage in any way they can. Most are honest.

4. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

I once bought a vintage nativity scene my daughter was looking for. The seller listed the buy it now for way too low. They did the same thing to me that happened to you with shipping. Still got a good deal on it, just not the steal it would have been.

Jetfixer likes this.
  5. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

I buy some parts from an ebay dealer just about everything he sells is 5 or 10$ his shipping and handling is higher than one would expect for the weight of the parts just another way of earing money. you have a choice when selling things 1 is actual shipping costs another is a rate you set. got to cover the cost of box label and packing peanuts.
    time is money if you are buying from a vendor who make a living from ebay sales

Jetfixer likes this.