1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New owner

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Frank Saeli, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Frank Saeli

Frank Saeli New Member

I just bought an XJ7. The guy I bought it from said all it needed was a new battery and the solenoid (which he had.). So I get the bike home and get the battery installed and attached the solenoid. I have power, but it will not turn over. Please help...?

2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Congrats on the new to you bike. Standby for a whole crowd of folks to chime in with many, many opinions and directions on all the stuff they will tell you to do. The present problem could be a lot of things, some due to a component failure, corrosion or maybe just one or more of the interlocks holding it from turning over.
    There are interlocks on the side stand, for the bike being in gear vs neutral, clutch being held disengaged. Another of the common, easily repaired problems is the fuse box and the glass fuses. Are you getting any responses from the bike when you turn the key on?
    Good Luck,
    John

3. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

XJ7 what.......xj700? Xj750? Xj700X? Xj750X? Xj750rl?

Where in NY?

4. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Yep, Dave is right, which XJ7? So many variants. Post up the VIN from the steering head of the frame and we can help you determine what you actually have.