1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted Seca 550 or 650 tank

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by MrPwaffles, May 19, 2019.

1. MrPwaffles

MrPwaffles New Member

Hi everyone, I need a replacement tank for my 82 650 seca that got dented, looking for a replacement tank off similar year 550 or 650!

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

read this link
    Fuel tank interchange information

from above
    the '81-'83 xj750r tank will fit the '82-'83 650rj non-turbo Seca.

The front of the tank will interfere with the horn assembly. Relocating that assembly will alleviate that issue.

The rear of the tank does not line up perfectly with the seat and side cover, so you would need to find a creative way to disguise the strange intersect of the 'lines'.

.In the USA, this is the XJ650 Seca. in Europe, it is simply the XJ650 since they did not get the Maxim styling.

there other options listed.

you could source a tank from abroad

3. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

How bad is the dent? If your tank is rust free then fixing the dent may be your best option.
    I've collected 4 650 Seca tanks for my current project, the best one I've found is dented but rust free.
    I'm still looking for the perfect tank so you have competition, LOL.

4. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

I have a 550 tank that needs some attention. The po didn’t do a good job on the tank seal so it’s coming off inside the tank. I think dent free though You can message me privately if interested. Thanks

Attached Files: