1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My new CraigsList score

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by mlew, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Yes Schooter , thats my daughter on the XJ1100. She kind of took it from her mother, it was hers. My wife rode on the back of the Venture and took pics all day.There were 145 bikes on that ride and the line stretched as far as I could see. I could not see the front or rear of the line. It was great fun I can't wait to do it again. I'm proud of my little girl.

Attached Files:

2. MidniteMax

MidniteMax Member

I can dig your new ride!

I'm on Venturerider.org too as Beau-Kat.

I can answer many questions you may have about the bike.

I'm gonna try to attach a photo of my 1988 Royale.

I got lucky and found it last year with 15k miles and the same color scheme as my Millenium.

It also handles a lot better than my Millenium.

You're gonna love it.

Attached Files:

3. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Nice ride MidnightMax, I'm on Venturerider.org also with the same screen name . So far I love the Venture, me and my wife have been taking it most everywhere. I recently found a 84 parte bike for cheap, it had lost of chrome accessories on it. They are finding their way onto mine. The front and rear bumpers look good.
    Here is a question for you... I need a new coolant fan switch and don't want to part with 75$ for the OEM part, do yo know of a different replacement? I have found some potential parts at the autoparts store but they don't know the details like temperature ratings. I like their price its around 30$.

4. MidniteMax

MidniteMax Member

5. MidniteMax

MidniteMax Member

6. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I saw those, I really don't want to buy a used untested part.

7. MidniteMax

MidniteMax Member

Yeah, I can understand that.

Some used things are o.k., but if you're not comfortable with them better stay away.

I'll keep looking for ya.

Pretty much everyday, I search ebay for "new items listed" and for "NOS" under all of my bike models, just in case I see something I like.

Just won an original very lightly used muffler for my SR500 a couple of days ago. Talk about an unobtainium item! It has one small dent that should not be too noticeable when the muffler is installed. My bike has an original muffler, but it was drilled out. I hate loud bikes, so I sought out the original type muffler.

Man, I really love your seat color.!

8. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I have a set of original mufflers Max, do you have a fan switch? Maybe a trade is in order. There is a NOS one on EBAY now, they want 52$ for it. I aquired a parts bike a week ago to get the chrome bumpers and foot boards, there are some parts I don't need.

9. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Its been 9 years since I got this Venture. Put 15K miles on it and still running strong. Cosmetically it was getting very tired. A repaint, new seat cover and tires and it looks better than ever. Had to repair lots of broken plastic tabs on the fairings. venturepainted.jpg venturepainted1.jpg
    Its ready for another 9 or 10 years of riding. I have since built a matching trailer for it.

ColoradoDan likes this.
  10. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    I have been watching this thread intermittently and not looking at the signature line to realize who was writing about their new Venture. Silly me! Good score there. Congrats. Me? I have been working on and rehabbing an XJ750 Seca with the touring package I bought from my wife's uncle last summer.
    John