1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

carb bowl enrichment well will not clear

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by XJ550H, Jun 15, 2019.

1. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have 1 bowl that just wont clear. if I fill it with cleaner and blow compressed air into the well in the wall I get a steady stream of air bubbles. just can not get the spray to blow through the hole and blind me like the others
    soaked it for an hour probed it with tiny copper wire. heated it up.

any Ideas on how to get the passage clear

2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I pull a single wire from a large wire brush, straighten is and use it to poke through the hole in the bottom on the well. It takes some fiddling to get in in there but it will work. Or if you have guitar strings they will also work.

k-moe likes this.
  3. Xjrider92117

Xjrider92117 Active Member

Have you tried boiling it in some water and lemon juice or something of the sort?

4. XJ550H

got it cleared did the lemon ade poked at it nope

soaked it in berrymans for another day took the thinnest wire from a brush straightened it then heated it ,streched it out to make it thinner. glued it into a wooden q tip .

used a bent copper wire to poke and scrape from inside the bowl took the q tip and twisted down the well got it into the hole and worked it for 20 minutes .
    also shaved down the tube on the carb spray so it would fit into the bowl hole. sprayed across the room.

k-moe likes this.
  5. Colin 85 700

Colin 85 700 Active Member

Think i mentioned copper wire at one point to another member for this issue... Fiddly, but bang! A dube, a beer, an 20 minutes can save a float bowl! ;)

6. XJ550H

it was telephone wire that I used. got a nice hook in it .I did not realize how far in and up the lower hole went.